VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:58 AM
Trusted Editor

I updated the profile with his name's official reading from twitter "げぺるん". Considering his background from the first albums listed in here, it's entirely possible he's already been active in the mid 90s as "げぺるん" as a doujin composer for ActiveGamers (the earliest work I find is Imagical Musion Depot Vol.2 from as early as 1995) with the same people he collaborated on for LMCD-003 and LMCD-005.

The reason I'm even investigating is the hoot files from PC-98 RPG Guernica, which give copyright credit to both げぺるん (GEEPEL) and げぺるん (GEPPEL) along with a real name that's probably not supposed to be public. Pure speculation, but he may have been a legit game music composer during the PC-98 era.
Old May 25, 2017, 03:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Digging through archives and I found an old bio page: http://web.archive.org/web/200406160...p-ln/oldw.html

gp-ln talks about being part of the old circle GC-clusterz, for which GEPPEL wrote music (check the GC-clusterz music disks here), and debuting writing for an eroge in 1995, so yup.

Quote:
1990.10 ~ 1992.xx (同人活動開始~サークル解散期間)
※ 同人サークル「GC-clusterz」を発足させ、同人デビュー。当時、同人音楽の最盛期であることも幸いし、驚異の作品リリ ーススピードと安価な価格設定がウケて、ある程度の知名度を得ることになった。
(出来は、駆け出しの頃なのでイマイチだったけどね…(苦笑
この頃の作品で、比較的出来が良いモノは、2000年以降に再結成される「GC-clusterz」の「Memorial Works」シリーズで再録して発表。
「GC-clusterz」は、内部事情もあり、1992年頃?に解散。同年に後継サークル「お山の大将」を発足さ せたが、こちらも作品を数作リリースの後、活動休止となる。
Quote:
1995.xx   (エロゲ曲で商業デビュー?期間)
※ 知人のツテで商業ゲームの曲の仕事をもらう。当時学生のため、このままゲーム業界に進むか一般企業に就職す るか迷っていた頃。
しかし、ゲームの曲の仕事での収入だけでは生活が成り立たないことを感じ、一年間フリーで活動して正社員に なれなかったら一般企業へ就職しよう…と決意。