VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:41 PM
VGMdb Staff

Here's a slightly strange one -
The websites of both the FILMharmonic Orchestra and The City of Prague Philharmonic are claiming a performer credit on the soundtrack to this game. The FILMharmonic's role is concrete - they're credited in both the booklet and the game's staff roll.
As for the other orchestra, I cannot find anything to corroborate their involvement over and above their website entry. Obviously, it's not unheard of for two or more orchestras to work on one soundtrack but without any further evidence I'm a little reluctant to add them on to the database - although if anyone thinks that's proof enough and wants to make an executive decision I'd have no complaints!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

These specialized orchestras are usually made of many players from several "normal" orchestras, they're contracted for the specific job to form the specialized ensemble so it can vary quite a lot. FILMharmonic and The City of Prague are like that. I'm saying this because the contractor (and some other key people) should normally indicate which orchestra it is - James Fitzpatrick for The City of Prague, Petr Pycha for FILMharmonic (Umstead for Nashville Scoring, Simon James for Northwest) etc.

Here you have just the mention of Pycha in the booklet (as "organizer" though but that's it) so I assume it's just FILMharmonic and The City of Prague site credit is a mistake for some reason.

Last edited by Efendija; Feb 9, 2016 at 03:05 PM.