VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:42 AM

Isn't this technically an OST? From what I've heard, this and "Akira: Original Soundtrack" (http://www.amazon.co.jp/Akira-Origin...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2) are the soundtrack, the difference being that Original Soundtrack has vocals and sound effects (in other words, a direct rip), and Symphonic Suite is the same except without the vocals and sound effects - the true OST.

I think the "Symphonic Suite" part is there just to emphasize what kind of music it is.

Oh, and I think Track 3 is just "Winds Over Neo-Tokyo;" no "the."
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am agree with the first remark and i changed the entry back to Original Soundtrack. I haven't listened to both albums for many years so i did not remember the exact differences.

About track 03, it's more complicated than that.. some prints use "The", while some others do not have it.. we'd need the original tracklist from this Japanese release.
I have counted over 7 differents versions (different regions/or reprints) of this album..
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:53 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I found a photograph of this version's tracklist and it only say "WINDS OVER THE NEO-TOKYO". (link, link2)
Also, does this soundtrack really have no vocals? Just wondering because underneath the tracklist, it credits someone for lyrics.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 14, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Hmm yes, track 01 have lyrics.. with the famous chorus "rasse, rassera!"
"Shohmyoh" is full of some kind of chanting.. but i don't think we'r talking about lyrics here. (like on few other tracks)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Requiem = major goosebumps