VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:03 AM

I don't know if there are any details out there yet on what to expect from the piano half (though I hope we're getting something more audacious than only town and field themes), but based on the recent Primals show, it looks like we'll be getting more than just Primal/trial themes this time around. They performed a couple of new arrangements, including:

Unbending Steel (as previewed on the TGS sampler and promo site)
Unbreakable
Locus
Revenge of the Horde
Imagination
Heroes

I *love* Imagination and the song Unbreakable is arranged out of, so count me in if they're not just super hokey geetar versions of past stuff. I didn't love the last arrange album, mostly for playing it too safe with only the twelve tracks to boot, but I'm holding out for this one.

Also, I'm curious why they chose to reuse the Unbending Steel studio version vocal track instead of rerecording it - it sounds super out of place. Maybe they couldn't contract the vocalist for the project/release schedule?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:23 AM

It seems tracklist and performer credits are swapped? Someone have an official tracklist? The official site don't have numbered tracks and Square Enix E-Store and CD Japan din't have an tracklist yet.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 01:58 AM

I got my copy today and here's the translated track list:

1) Piano: Imagination
2) Piano: Painted Foothills
3) Piano: Borderless
4) Piano: Ominous Prognisticks
5) Piano: Heroes
6) Piano: Night in the Brume

Are all credited to Keiko, with Masayoshi Soken as the composer.

7) Band: Unbreakable
8) Band: Revenge Twofold
9) Band: Unbending Steel
10) Band: Imagination
11) Band: Fiend
12) Band: Heroes
13) Band: Locus
14) Band: Oblivion ~Never Let it Go~

Are all credited to The Primals, with Masayoshi Soken as the composer.

And yes, they are listed as (Band|Piano): Track Name on the disc.

There are 12 extra tracks on the disc as well, which are simply the normal versions of the songs listed above, which are all from previous albums, except Fiend and Revenge Twofold which are new and will probably be in the next album.