VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:40 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

Pwned? For... using caps or for having some member point out an obvious fact? He also failed, of course, to post a link to the message from Jodo Kast in the same thread saying he tried to buy one for $450 and lost the auction. But why would he post THAT link, it only further proves MY point. XD

And thank you suicider for being a smart person.

Last edited by Ghaleon64; Apr 6, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:43 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

Should also point out that no one has yet been able to prove this CD's worth besides myself and Dancey, so long as he's trying to figure out it's worth in Japan...

Anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 09:59 PM
suicider's Avatar
suicider suicider is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 459
Default

you can actually try your luck right now @ http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n83566073
current price ~$60
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cedille Cedille is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,026
Default

Surugaya is selling this album at around 40 USD (no domestic shipment cost is charged). With some middleman fee and EMS cost, it still can be a pretty good deal if you want to resell it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:12 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

See? Surugaya is yet another Japanese outlet!

The debate is what the value of the disc in the US is. We know what it's worth half-way across the planet from a country whose economy is crap right now but how about other regions? It seems some people think that what region you're shopping in doesn't matter which is, no offense, ridiculous.

Last edited by Ghaleon64; Apr 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:17 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

And I'm having trouble trying to add the disc to my cart... Could be sold out? Says there is one in stock but when you click on add to cart nothing happens.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:28 PM
Cedille Cedille is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,026
Default

I can add it to my cart with no problem (I'm using Chrome). Not bother to read their terms of service, but I assume they don't accept an order outside of Japan. That's why I'm talking about middleman fees.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:22 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

I get a weird screen I can't understand when I click the cart. Gives me two links that lead nowhere. Do you need an account before you can buy? Maybe it's just giving me troubles.

Either way! Debate still rages on! Sells cheaper in Japan than US, why?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:55 AM
Raizen1984's Avatar
Raizen1984 Raizen1984 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
Pwned? For... using caps or for having some member point out an obvious fact?
I didn't state a fact, I asked a question, which you didn't answer.

Nobody bought the CD in the auction you posted for $250. I'm sensing a lot of buyers remorse from you, which may be why you're so adamantly trying to justify your stupid-ass purchase. Afterall, if nobody buys your BS, you can't sell yours off for a profit. Re-sellers, such as yourself, are usually smarter about these kinds of things. Better luck next time.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:29 AM
Razakin's Avatar
Razakin Razakin is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hämeenlinna, Finland
Posts: 619
Default

Why you people are even discussing still about this silly topic. The value of the cd is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Some people without any idea of money may waste more money, but some will pay less.

Value (=the price I'm willing to pay) for that album for me would probably be around 60-80 dollars.
__________________
vgmdb - serious business, only.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:42 AM
the_miker's Avatar
the_miker the_miker is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
The value of the cd is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Some people without any idea of money may waste more money, but some will pay less.
What he said.

For what it's worth (ha!), I paid around $175 for this CD like 6-7 years ago. Pretty sure it was an eBay auction too. Mint, complete with obi.
__________________
https://twitter.com/the_miker
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Apr 9, 2011, 06:05 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

Wow, Raizen1984, you're kind of a jerk, ain't ya?

I'm not a reseller. I've had offers to sell it if I choose but I think I'll keep it. I didn't buy it with the intention of re-selling.

Also, obviously you were too obtuse to get it but when I posted way back when that the auction in question had sold I put a big huge smiley face next the statement. I guess that wasn't enough to get your amazing detective skills tingling because you turned around and accused me of being the SELLER. I though that was quite humorous so I played along. It took you a good few days to catch up. Better luck next time. (See what I did there? With the smiley face? That's called implied sarcasm)

And lookey here! Another user who dropped a huge load on this disc, albeit a few years ago! Still waiting to hear from someone who can denounce this disc's value here in the States. Here's your chance Raizen. Prove me all wrong instead of name calling. That's the big boy way of doing things Sherlock. If you don't have any positive input here go away.

Last edited by Ghaleon64; Apr 9, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
Raizen1984's Avatar
Raizen1984 Raizen1984 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
Wow, Raizen1984, you're kind of a jerk, ain't ya?
I am, yes

Quote:
I guess that wasn't enough to get your amazing detective skills tingling because you turned around and accused me of being the SELLER.
I.... did?

Quote:
I though that was quite humorous so I played along. It took you a good few days to catch up. Better luck next time. (See what I did there? With the smiley face? That's called implied sarcasm)
I have no idea what you're talking about, dude. Are you sure you're talking to the right person? I never accused you of being the seller. I do think you're a reseller due to your immense interest in how much VGM albums are "worth", as it's basically all you've talked about and contributed here.

Quote:
And lookey here! Another user who dropped a huge load on this disc, albeit a few years ago! Still waiting to hear from someone who can denounce this disc's value here in the States. Here's your chance Raizen. Prove me all wrong instead of name calling. That's the big boy way of doing things Sherlock.
I may be a jerk, but I'm no idiot. Value changes with time. It's quite easy to buy items in Japan from the states nowadays compared to ten years ago. This has been explained to you many times already, but you seem determined to prove otherwise. Go right ahead. I don't think anyone else is paying attention though.

Quote:
If you don't have any positive input here go away
"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".

How old are you? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You can tell your mommy that the jerk on the internet won't be talking to you anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:36 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

Thank God, surprised it took this long...

Value changes over time and yet... I just paid $200. Thanks for playing, bye-bye then!

What happened to Dancey? Up to this point he's the only person so far who has offered up any real tangible evidence to disprove me, even if his figures WERE from a different hemisphere.

After all this time it seems to me that, well frankly, I'm just right. The CD is worth a bunch in the US and only about 40-50% of value in Japan. No real evidence to say otherwise and lots of 13 year old GameFAQs rejects arguing for the sake of arguing with no real point *COUGHRaizenCOUGH*.

I do owe Raizena a small apology, he didn't make the seller comment. My bad. Still a jerk.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,315
Default

I'm still here, I just choose to ignore your ignorance.

Tell-tale legends of this cd going for 1000, 500 10-15 years ago: True. Timeline: 10-15 years ago
Mike saying he paid 150-175$ 5-6 years ago, true. Timeline: 5-6 years ago.
You paid: 200$ ("recently"). Timeline: "recently".

This just shows a depreciation of the worth of this cd, as rare as you say it is. You would be lumped into my generalization(s) I noted prior. Either you have a lot of money and you just don't care, or you're just dumb and don't know the actual value of it.

Put your second copy on eBay, start the bid at 20$ and tell me what the final list price is in 7 days and you'll have an argument. Until then, trends show that this cd is not worth anywhere near what you paid or what Avatar is asking for it. It is simple deduction, although some additional values would clarify the trends. I've been following vgm for roughly 15 years, this is my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

WHAT?! So somehow my purchase of the CD "recently" doesn't count as a value to be recognized?! Just because I bought it and not someone else? Jodo Kast (from the actual album forum) tried to pay $450 in 2000 and LOST, Mike paid $175 5-6 years ago and I paid $200 recently. The only depreciation I see now is about $25. Given that information how is $250 so unreasonable? Certainly not so outrageous as everyone is making it seem. Somehow I doubt everyone here would be making such a big fuss if I overpaid by that little of an amount. Personally I think myself, Avatar, Mike and the people who wrote those articles I linked to are the ones here who DO know the value! Even if I do just have money to blow how is that fact relevant in any way to the value of the album? Seriously, it's easy to come in here and say, "You're just STUPID for spending the money!". It's a lot tougher apparently to offer up some fact to support how stupid the purchase was. To date no one here has yet been able to de-value the album IN THE STATES. It's easy to understand the value is much lower in the country where the CD is more readily available. Here where it's scarce, of COURSE the value will be higher. And it ain't just me saying it's rare. Did you read the articles?

Even after middleman fees as a user mentioned earlier, you're paying quite a bit. Middlemen are a complete joke, they make you pay shipping to them AND from them to you AND take a cut for themselves. Good $40 later and you have a deal. So even then you're forking over close to if not over $100 for this disc.

Good to have you back, btw, seriously. You actually present a decent argument as opposed to just trolling.

But I fail to see how providing proof to support my claims is "ignorant", when anyone else has yet (STILL) to share any evidence to the contrary. Isn't the automatic gainsaying the ignorant act here? And what "trends" are you speaking of exactly? Have you seen others sell this CD for less? Cause that would be good proof. If someone came in here tomorrow and said they just bought the CD for $30 (and could prove it, of course) then I'd most certainly change my tune. But that has yet to happen.

Last edited by Ghaleon64; Apr 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:11 AM
Razakin's Avatar
Razakin Razakin is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hämeenlinna, Finland
Posts: 619
Default

I'd really would like to see how much the value would be if someone would have the balls to but it into 'buyer's market' and drop it into ebay without a starting price. Now the price in my eyes is said by the sellers, which bothers me because sadly often they overprice stuff.
__________________
vgmdb - serious business, only.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:29 AM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

Sorry, I meant to say a "difference" of $25, not depreciation. It was 1 am, I as tired.

But yeah, an item like this listed with say a .99 starting bid? That would pretty much tell us what we want to know. It's tempting to try but I really want to hang on to this one...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:09 AM
Razakin's Avatar
Razakin Razakin is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hämeenlinna, Finland
Posts: 619
Default

And you should hang onto it, it's not like it's a bad album. Damn good, but the current sellers value for it is just absurd. In my eyes. But then, I want albums to flow around cheaply so people can enjoy them. (And so that I can get them cheaply :P)
__________________
vgmdb - serious business, only.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:02 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

It is a great album! I really enjoy it. Almost wish Konami would do a reprint. They've done several reprints before, especially with Castlevania and Gradius/Salamander albums. Oh well!

So here's what I did to try and get some more honest unbiased opinions on the value here. I went ahead and sent a message to every user on this site that had the CD listed in their collection EXCEPT any members who have posted on the forums here, just to get some nice figures of how much was paid, when it was bought and what they estimate the value is today. I figure if anyone can solve this for us it's the people here.

Here are a few responses I've gotten so far:

-User Crash says, "I paid $96 for my copy back in 2007. The price on that one has fallen quite a bit since then. You should be able to find a copy on YJA for around 4000-4500 yen without much difficulty.

Now, back in 1999 or 2000, I remember a copy selling on eBay for $1200. Back then, there was very little overlap between the US VGM market and the Japanese market, so people who were able to buy in Japan and sell in the US made a killing. Now, thanks to middleman services, the market has gotten more efficient, and prices in the two markets tend to me more similar."

-User Gaohx says, "No problem........I had got that cd many years ago direct from Japan. I used to know someone there and he would buy me game music and PC Engine games among other stuff. Back then the US $ was worth soooooo much more. Only paid about 12000 yen for it which was about $90 at that time. Was beautifully mint.....was re raved once I got it.

Sure back in the day it could fetch $500 or even more...nowadays I would say $150 to $200 or so.....more people sell it at a lower price with the economy et all.......

Hope this helps!"

-User XISMZERO says, "I won it for 5,900 yen on Yahoo Japan Auction, complete with everything and in immaculate condition. After all the fees, it came out to roughly $90. I think this album is lesser in demand, at least in Japan. I'd be surprised if it sells for $100 these days. If I were you, I'd look on YJA, you could probably get one for around the $100 mark with all the fees included."

-User Jousto says, "I grabbed my New classic all the way back in 2003 and was able to get it for a bargain price of 105 USD. Of course, things have changed quite a bit in eight years. Still, as it hasn't been reprinted, nor has any material on it been released on any collections or anything, I assume it's worth quite a bit. I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to current prices. You might want to take a look at Yahoo! Japan's auctions. New classics pop up there every now and then. Right now I couldn't find any even though there were several copies of both Battle albums as well as Perfect selection. I'm no judge at this, but if I were ever to get rid of my copy, I wouldn't let it go for less than 150 USD even if wasn't a mint copy with obi like mine.

I hope this helped. You probably already did, but in case you didn't, ask around. It'll give you a better picture."

-User Aran says, "Hello, I think I bought it for approximately $ 100 on ebay a few years ago. I still see some auctions for this CD that go for $ 80 - 120 depending on the state and if the obi is still there."

So after all that we can begin to conclude that... Well, frankly, If you buy the album in the states you'll pay around $100-150 and if you buy on Yahoo Japan you'll get it much cheaper. AAAAARRRGGHH!!!!!

My copy was $200. It was in IMMACULATE condition however. The booklet is crisp, the case and discs are spotless and the obi card was included also in excellent shape. So all things considered I could have bought one from Japan plus middlemen fees and waited 6-8 weeks for it or spend a little extra and get one from a trusted US seller in mint condition. I still don't think my purchase was as "stupid" as it has been made out to be...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:09 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,315
Default

Stop trying to justify that you overpaid. This thread has long since been over. Someone just lock it already.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

LOL, more like why don't YOU just admit that I'm right? Or even just SLIGHTLY right? And THEN lock it? Pride can be a terrible thing Dancey. There is no shame in admitting fault.

Here's a fresh response for ya Dancey from The Gambler, another user I found right here on these very forums you've been frequenting for, what was it? 15 years now?

"Hi Ghaleon,
I think you can still find the new classic on ebay... Champ de Pins is a good seller, if you don't know him already. It's been a while since I purchased it (and sadly without spine card) but be prepared to pay one hundred dollars at the very least. If it's complete and mint, price could double easily and it would be still a good purchase."

Notice where he said price could double $100 if complete and mint? Which mine is? $200? Simple addition?

Justification that I overpaid? Please. All I'm doing now is rubbing in how dumb everyone ELSE looks for arguing with no facts when I presented mine in DROVES. *laughs victoriously*
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:11 PM
Jodo Kast Jodo Kast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 324
Default

I'll post what I remember about Dracula New Classic from early 2000. (I became aware of the existence of Dracula New Classic in December of 1999 and started searching in early 2000.)

I wanted to buy one, so I searched my favorite retailer at the time, which was the-place.com. They had DNC on a list of CD's that they would not be able to find, so don't even bother to ask. (I didn't ask.)

I did, however, try my luck at ebay. The very first auction I found was for a sealed Dracula New Classic. The minimum bid had reached $4,555 by the time I looked at the auction. (Someone at soundtrackcentral reported the auction was a fake.) I then realized it was way, way outside of anything I could realistically afford. So I tried to get a CD-R.

I posted at soundtrackcentral and a guy named Kevin Murphy agreed to send me a CD-R, provided I send him a CD-R of Dragon Quest Digital Sound Explosion, which was the Son May version of Dragon Quest Symphonic Suite (I didn't know Son May made bootlegs at that time). Kevin sent me a CD-R that sounded horrible; it made popping and clicking noises every few seconds. I actually sent it back to him. I never heard from him again. Lol.

I did manage to get a CD-R before the summer of 2000 from another source. Keep in mind it was difficult to get just a copy. Getting the original was beyond unthinkable (at the time).

In the summer of 2000, Cloud V managed to sell DNC for $1525 on ebay to darkfact. Darkfact actually posted on STC and explained why he spent so much money, saying it was completely worth it to him. (Darkfact was a pretty cool guy, since he got me the redbook audio for Sapphire.)

The most I ever bid on DNC was $450 and my bid was destroyed. Near the end of 2000, I managed to get a DNC on ebay for $263. The auction I won was the first time I had seen it sell for under $300 (on ebay).

By 1999 Dracula New Classic had already risen to "don't ask us, because we can't get it" status. Keep in mind that the-place was completely capable of taking special orders for import CD's. They found me Salamander Pro Fusion and many other Konami CD's, so DNC really was damn impossible to find.

Edit:

If anyone knows how to look up old ebay auctions, I think this page lists the auction where DNC sold for $1525. Just scroll down to the transaction between darkfact and Cloud V, on May 23, 2000.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

It would be interesting to see if my memory is correct. (I think the price was $1525.)

Last edited by Jodo Kast; Apr 18, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:55 AM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,315
Default

champs_des_pins is notorious for inflated prices. Yes he is a good seller but he inflates prices by at least 200% (sans shipping)

Your argument is still vapid. You are the most longwinded moron I've ever met on the Internet.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
Megalixir's Avatar
Megalixir Megalixir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
My copy was $200. It was in IMMACULATE condition however. The booklet is crisp, the case and discs are spotless and the obi card was included also in excellent shape. So all things considered I could have bought one from Japan plus middlemen fees and waited 6-8 weeks for it or spend a little extra and get one from a trusted US seller in mint condition. I still don't think my purchase was as "stupid" as it has been made out to be...
There you go again, degrading any reasoning behind using foreign sites. It doesn't take 6-8 weeks if you know what you're doing, but you can't order from Japanese sites, right? Why else would you be disregarding them this entire time? If you're willing to spend $200 USD on a single album, why is it too expensive when proxy fees and international shipping come into the picture?

Hey, I use eBay and I don't live in the states, should I disregard it entirely?

Since I was right the first time, let's try figuring out exactly why this thread exists:

- you have buyer's remorse, you're promoting your own auctions, and are trying to sell the item on eBay (you are the seller, despite claiming otherwise)
- you know the seller, and are trying to help him sell his item
- you're trying to raise awareness in this item, so the price increases

The problem with the first scenario is that it's blatant advertising. The second scenario could also mean that you're selling through someone else, and the third scenario is a means of justification and bragging (one doesn't have to admit they've purchased something, only the desired result of people talking about the item in question is enough). Of course, that didn't work, since the responders here immediately came back with evidence of lower prices.

So, which is it? This thread's existence lies behind one of these.

You're apparently forgetting that in 2000, buying from Japan was far more difficult, in comparison to today, where a); the 90's crowd are no longer teenagers, and have credit cards, and b); there's multiple proxy services, and multiple ways of using domestic websites. For instance, I can order from Amazon.jp, Yahoo Auctions, Rakuten, Suruga-ya, Caveshop, and a bunch of others that won't ship internationally. This would have been impossible without a credit card or use of the internet.

Proxy fees and EMS are always a factor, but how I justify them is like so: Proxy fees are justified because receiving and forwarding items is a gigantic fucking time consuming inconvenience, and deserves to be paid for. EMS is to ensure that your item reaches you within the next week, because shipping by anything less is gambling, and generally not worth the risk.

The fact that you've actually taken the time to contact individuals who've purchased this album, asking them for how much they've paid, in order to justify your own purchase and prove dominance over this thread like a horny, persistent 16 year old, shows us that you've done little to no research on this album before purchasing, but rather, have purchased and then researched.

Game soundtracks are not an investment, and since you've claimed that you aren't reselling for profit, there isn't any need to justify your purchase any longer.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:24 AM
LiquidAcid LiquidAcid is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
champs_des_pins is notorious for inflated prices. Yes he is a good seller but he inflates prices by at least 200% (sans shipping)
Fully confirming this. Buying through any other middleman service is a whole magnitude cheaper. You basically pay twice for the convenience to use eBay and PayPal, if you can even call this convenience at all...
For everything he sells, he's very reliable. But don't bother to ask anything that goes beyond that: Some time ago I asked him about the Kud Wafter OST and he claimed to have some copies (he also sells some other KEY albums). However he never managed to put these online, even after multiple requests. Seriously, how hard can it be to put an item online on eBay?!?! I never bothered again after this.
Same goes for Otaku: Good for rare albums but totally overpriced (take a look at the shipping costs). Again very reliable when buying stuff that is in stock, but don't bother to ask for anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
suicider's Avatar
suicider suicider is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
EMS is to ensure that your item reaches you within the next week, because shipping by anything less is gambling, and generally not worth the risk.
That's not a valid statement. I've never had any problems using regular SAL shipping without insurance. Japan post is very reliable.

PS: Please, don't feed the troll anymore

Last edited by suicider; Apr 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:33 PM
Megalixir's Avatar
Megalixir Megalixir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
That's not a valid statement. I've never had any problems using regular SAL shipping without insurance. Japan post is very reliable.

It is very much a valid statement. Just because you haven't had any issues, doesn't mean it isn't without them. Nothing is flawless, if any SAL unregistered package goes missing, there isn't any means of compensation.

Not to mention that it'll take you over a week to receive it, almost guaranteed unless you're inside Asia.

Last edited by Megalixir; Apr 20, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:41 PM
suicider's Avatar
suicider suicider is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 459
Default

Sure, that's just my experience, but you can only argue from your point of view too. I just disliked the term 'shipping by anything less is gambling, and generally not worth the risk', because it is absolutely not true. Makes Japanese post look like every second package is lost. There are far less reliable post offices out there, Italian e.g. Which of course doesn't mean, that no package can be lost when shipping from Japan, but let's put it to: 'who has enough dough to pay the extra costs for EMS should consider it, but regular airmail will do it's service too'.

Anyway, back to topic
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:24 AM
Ghaleon64's Avatar
Ghaleon64 Ghaleon64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 255
Default

That's fine, Dancey. Hate all you want. Resorting to name calling like other people here really only shows how undereducated you really are here. Thanks for trying though, it was fun.

And Megalixr, I believe I explained why I bought it off eBay instead of a foreign site already: I was WILLING to pay extra for faster shipping and no middleman fees which would have driven the price up $40-60 anyway. The less time it's in shipping the less likely it can get damaged or lost. And I'd STILL have to pay some middleman stranger to handle my rare merchandise and shipping if it did get lost. Not worth the risk for something like this IMO. And I guess everyone else here who has spent that much money or close to it is as dumb as I am. So keep insulting everyone who owns it and not just me.

Also, it's true that before Dancey mentioned YJ! I had no idea you could use that site. But even still, I could have saved maybe $40 using that site. I can tolerate spending $40 more to get it from a trusted seller that I can communicate with in English and get trusted shipping.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KICA-1145: PERFECT SELECTION DRACULA BATTLE Kewing Album Discussions 18 Nov 29, 2019 05:50 PM
KICA-1189: PERFECT SELECTION KONAMI BATTLE the BEST Lucy Album Discussions 12 Oct 24, 2019 07:22 AM
KICA-1162: PERFECT SELECTION DRACULA BATTLE II Carl Album Discussions 8 May 12, 2019 04:40 PM
KICA-1036: Perfect Selection Dracula XISMZERO Album Discussions 5 Apr 11, 2015 10:01 AM
KICA-1103: Perfect Selection Dracula ~NEW CLASSIC~ L3000 Album Discussions 12 May 20, 2013 08:13 PM