VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:02 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
I've found a decent amount since I last posted on here, put them up to share with people Here
Thanks for sharing. This is quite some good work with XG, didn't know SSH focused this much on it.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 06:27 AM

Weird... someone made a post to this thread but the post as well as the user disappeared? (got an email notification to this thread) I don't recall it being possible to delete one's own post on this forum.

Anyway, it was regarding the sound similarities between S.S.H. and Hellion Sounds albums which was pointed out earlier in this thread.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 08:32 PM

Would you happen to have a digital download of Holy Orders or know where I could purchase it (either physical or digital)? I have been looking everywhere and you definitely seem to be the best person to ask haha
Old Dec 26, 2020, 04:21 AM

I am pleased to announce a few changes to the website - the biggest of which is the S.S.H. Song Database (click to view).

In the S.S.H. Song Database I have S.S.H.'s 20 years (2001 to current) body of work catalogued which comprises close to 1000 tracks (all unique tracks, apart from a few). Each of the songs have audio samples and each have been assigned a unique ID (similar to how every vgmdb album has an ID number).

It's all on a single page so I recommend using the table of contents on the same page or navigating via the tag/metadata section (click to view).

Other minor site changes include some reorganisation of the site contents and cosmetic adjustments.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
4. Translate/search through his .txt files (accompanied with .mp3) for interesting/useful information (1%).
Now that I've got the database set up, I'm ready to go through all of the text files. The text files are basically liner notes, except for individual tracks instead of albums. For that matter, I will also be looking through liner notes for actual albums (if available). It will probably take a while so check back once a week or so for new updates/translations.

Note that I won't be translating 100% of everything. For example, translating music theory or musical concepts from Japanese into English is hard enough when I barely get them in English itself so I will ignore them for the most part. But I will translate a decent amount of anything I think will be useful, enlightening, amusing and/or funny for the average S.S.H. fan. For a particularly insane example, consider: [SSH-0179] Cerberus´Ż×Hell Watchdog.

Spoiler:
According to the liner notes, "Cerberus" is a 6-man ba... sorry, 6-dog band consisting of:

1. "Pochi" the lead guitar as well as head of the band - he also goes by the nickname "Pentatonic Pochi".

2. Pochi's close friend, brown-furred "John", nickname "Sonic Speed Harmonic Minor John", who is the other leader of Cerberus

At this point, he (i.e. Pochi) goes on a tangent and gives a brief basic music theory lesson on Pentatonics and Harmonic Minors. Names mentioned: Yngwie, Impellitteri, Timo Tolkki (of Stratovarius).

3. "Pess" AKA "Lead Killer Pess" who has the backing guitar role - he is usually a quiet dog but as a "Guitar Yakuza", his personality changes when he picks up a guitar. Pess used to be called "Orthrus" (note 1: Orthrus is the two-headed brother of three-headed Cerberus; note 2: Orthrus is mentioned in the Lost Child/Project Cerberus games) and at one point, was disbanded. In the younger days of "Cerberus" Pochi was looking for somedog to take up side guitar duties, and on one cold snowy day, he noticed Pess/Orthrus shivering inside a cardboard box on the side of the road. Sad

4. The "mood-maker" keyboardist "PAT-RUSH" AKA "Sleepy-Eye Pat" who has the talent of sleeping within three seconds. Pochi suggests that you don't mention the word "Nero" in front of Pat. Pat contributed the Rock Organ part of the song. He is also a Satanist, likes Satanic Metal, and for some reason, hates Angels.

5. Next is the foundation of the band "Yokota" who plays bass and drums. Also known as "Police Yokota", Yokota may or may not used to be a policedog and his special skill is biting. During live performances, he has a habit of playing as well as chewing the strings of the bass. Yokota respects Jimi Hendrix.

6. Finally, there is the brawny drummer "Goonta" or "Uragon" due to his split personalities: during the day he is "CM Dog" and munches on fake bones but when the moon is out, he becomes "HM Dog" and swaps them for drum sticks. On nights where there are no live performances or band practice, he seems to work as a bouncer (i.e. Yojimbo). His special skill is "Stick Blinding" (poking his drum sticks into the eyes of the unfortunate target).

In conclusion, Pochi and his eccentric band of heavy metal-loving canines hope you enjoy their debut song "Hell Watchdog".

Apart from that, I also dedicated a separate web page for my S.S.H. Collection. Missing the newer stuff (no issues here) but also still missing a few of the older stuff unfortunately.