VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 15, 2019, 02:55 PM

Trust Square Enix to release an album full of crap arrangements before even considering releasing KH3's long awaited soundtrack. :x
(at least the choice of songs to arrange is good, and not over-repeated)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 02:55 AM

Normally, arrangements should revive or upgrade compositions, especially older ones, however Square Enix completely ruins it another time. I don't know if Ishimoto was the sole arranger, but most of the stuff came from his side I guess, based on this trademark style.

The music just sounds downgraded to amateurish MIDI work, or sometimes just so obnoxious that the music is barely listenable. From over-the-top dramatic renditions that doesn't fit the original music's style to just plain re-arrangements, which don't sound a lot different than before (only with even worse synth quality). Creativity? Fail. Also SE, please chose some different tracks, we don't need hundred arrangements of the same tracks over and over again. I was happy with some track titles here, but after hearing the respective arrangements, I was just pretty sad and disappointed.

As for KHIII, I think it will be released during winter next to the DLC and its additional music.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 03:10 PM
Trusted Editor

- Updated Album Info from inserts
- Linked engineers