VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 8, 2022, 06:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Pokémon single "Celestial" by Ed Sheeran (too tangential?)

So, Ed Sheeran recorded a song called "Celestial" with specific, intentional use with the Pokémon brand. Originally it just had its own music video that's very Pokémon and vey cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23g5HBOg3Ic

This was at time of release, Sept 29. (the single is available for purchase via iTunes etc).

A few days later, Sheeran tweeted and stated the game will be featured in-game (not stating where ... likely end credits, though it could be an insert anywhere in it).

And then today this trailer dropped showing the song paired with Scarlet/Violet.

So the question: is this worth listing on vgmdb?

(Also, here's what brought all this to my attention -- the trailer released for Scar/Vi, and I was like "oh crap this is good")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7qFX_gbG-4
Old Nov 9, 2022, 01:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

We support songs that were made for trailers/commercials/etc., so the iTunes release would be eligible for an album entry.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 02:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thank you for the info SS! I will add an entry tonight.