VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:44 AM
Trusted Editor

So with the confirmation about the product title, would it be acceptable to rename the two albums to match this?

New Atelier Game Soundtrack (tentative) -> Atelier Ayesha ~Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk~ Soundtrack (tentative)
New Atelier Game Vocal Album (tentative) -> Atelier Ayesha ~Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk~ Vocal Album (tentative)

Or should we just leave this after the album names are officially confirmed?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:51 AM

I think it's very fine as long as we keep the (tentative) suffix. On a slightly unrelated note, I think we could make this suffix automatically added by checking a box or such.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:58 AM
Trusted Editor

Roger!

Unrelated question: Is it known why Gust now mostly self-publishes their music and now longer uses Team-E for that?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Roger!

Unrelated question: Is it known why Gust now mostly self-publishes their music and now longer uses Team-E for that?
I have absolutely no idea on it, as no clear regularity is seen in their publishing history, but my random thought is that Team Entertainments may not be just a game music label but also sometimes coordinates artists (Shimotsuki, Shikata, etc.) and produces vocal songs with them (on the song section of Atelier Elkrone official site, vocal songs from Shimotsuki and Mitose are marked as "produced by Team Entertainment"). That means Team-E owns the copyrights of the songs, and otherwise it'd get harder to release a Shimotsuki or Shikata vocal best regularly. So when Gust wants to feature those vocalists, they also have to listen to the willingness of Team-E, and then decides whether to let Team-E publish a whole album, or to get licenses of vocal songs from Team-E and self-publish their stuff via distributors like Frontier Works.

Then again, I know nothing about the professional side of this industry, and don't believe in my words ;p
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:35 AM

Team-E can also be contracted (at which point it's harder to see their involvement), and Gust is now owned by Koei Tecmo which might prefer Gust to keep the copyright on everything and pay according.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 01:04 AM

if you see "by courtesy of ..." somewhere on the album, so cedille could be right
frontier works is involved in those gust albums tho

edit: actually, it's maybe something of the past and no more used

Last edited by Phonograph; Apr 1, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:25 AM

Should obviously be "Land of Twilight", though maybe there's something stronger than 'land' for this.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
Should obviously be "Land of Twilight", though maybe there's something stronger than 'land' for this.
In case somebody doesn't know, "Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk" is an official translation. I used it via the first announcement on a magazine.

Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 AM

oh, oh, my poor brain