VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:45 PM

Does anyone have some more information about this? For whatever reason I can't find any information for that on the net (like for the OST, too), but I'm very sure the tracklist is incorrect. From what I've seen Kaleb.G used the tracks posted on classicgaming as a indication for the tracklist, but the tracks posted there are actually the ones from the second single [AVCA-14596] , and even with that in mind the tracklist is incomplete. I guess Ivyna Spyder don't posted the tracks for the missing ones because they were also included on the OST, but I don't know.

Either way, this single here should include the first opening (and probably the first ending) but not the second, because that's what the second single was for.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I don't know who deleted my staff notes (where I had my sources), but you can see the Japanese tracklist here:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B0000...M5DVFTMHFYD902
http://music.yahoo.co.jp/shop/c/10/kirby2001

The English tracklist I posted may not be correct at all. I just assumed it was the same since it was also 4 tracks. Feel free to find the proper English tracklist.

I had marked this album as "Data may be incorrect". Is there anywhere on the album page that displays this?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hm, there could be a bug with staff notes getting deleted via album edits, I'll look into it.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know how this one got past me, but yes it's a bug. I just fixed it, but the result of it is that some edits by non-staff have wiped out some of the comments in the staff notes field. I apologize for the error.

As for sources, now that we have the forum comments, we should always post them here instead of in Staff Notes.

There's nowhere on the album page that displays whether info may be incorrect. While we have some ideas, I'm not sure how to best use this bit. Initially, I envisioned a page that collected all of the albums that were 'active' areas of research, but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it. A better approach might be the reverse, where we mark all of the albums that we are 100% certain are correct and complete.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 05:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I actually feared it may be a bug. I'm glad you fixed it. Thanks. I guess we can just use that for distinctively "staff only" information. I'll post all of my sources in the forum from now on.

As far as album data correctness goes, I think either method is fine. If you wanted, we could have a correctness scale like this:
"Unlikely to be correct" (like the incorrect we have now)
"Reasonably correct" (most albums)
"Thoroughly correct" ("100% certain")

Of course maybe with different ratings.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 04:51 AM

@Kaleb.G: Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I guess the tracklist is the correct one. I'm a bit surprised that they released two singles about the second opening but I think it makes sense since both singles are done by different manufactorers and the first opening and ending theme is actually included on the OST.