VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist500 View Post
I've added composition and arranging credits that have been confirmed to be true.
I think you missed Koji Kondo for doing Track 33 on disc 2. (Rainbow Run)
Old Feb 1, 2014, 02:08 AM

Speaking of "Rainbow Run", it and "Underground Cave" are synth upgrades of Super Mario 3D Land music. Yokota did work on that game, but he may not have been the one to make those original arrangements which are fairly closely mimicked on this album. "Snowball Park" and "Super Block Land" also came from 3D Land and are now noted to be composed by Asuka Hayazaki and Takeshi Hama respectively because their composers are known, but I figured I'd mention they're not the only ones reprised from 3D Land.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I think you missed Koji Kondo for doing Track 33 on disc 2. (Rainbow Run)
He wrote the original theme, but the arrangement isn't his. It's Mahito Yokota's arrangement from 3D Land.

We KNOW Kondo wrote the original theme, but arrangements not done by the original composer usually credit the person who arranged it.

Except in the case of Super Mario Sunshine, where the SMB1 remix credited Koji Kondo, because he composed the original theme AND made that particular arrangement.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 06:34 PM

... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . . . .

Last edited by Guitarist500; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario54671 View Post
He wrote the original theme, but the arrangement isn't his. It's Mahito Yokota's arrangement from 3D Land.

We KNOW Kondo wrote the original theme, but arrangements not done by the original composer usually credit the person who arranged it.

Except in the case of Super Mario Sunshine, where the SMB1 remix credited Koji Kondo, because he composed the original theme AND made that particular arrangement.
Composed by Mahito Yokota, Toru Minegishi, Yasuaki Iwata, Koji Kondo
Arranged by Mahito Yokota

Wouldn't it make sense to put him in the Arranged by category as well then?

I was going by Composed by for who did the originals. I figured thats how its determined. Since Mahito Yokota didn't make the original, but instead did the arrangement, wouldn't he be in the Arranged by section for that reason?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:31 AM

I have a question to ask: It's not track 2.38 (Champion's Road) a new version of a theme from Super Mario Galaxy? Which is the title of that theme?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:41 AM
Trusted Editor

Gusty Garden Galaxy (or Wind Garden)

Last edited by dissident93; Feb 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 05:24 PM

Not sure if this information would help, but its a Matrix number off of the CD.

NTDT-17290 MT B01
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:53 AM

^ Album's catalog number must be NTDT-17290.

Nintendo has similar catalog numbers among their releases: http://vgmdb.net/org/268
But (at least) the ones we have in database always start with NTDO rather than NTDT. For what ever reason this one breaks the consistency.

EDIT: Actually there's an instance where the matrix code says NTDT-17285 for this album so I'm not sure... there could be more variations out there, and why did the pressing plant print them with different matrix codes?...

Last edited by MiLO; Feb 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 06:05 PM

Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:08 PM

Just got my copy today, and I've added this Club Nintendo Europe/Australia/New Zealand version as a child album.

I can't seem to find a catalog number for this one. The matrix code on the CDs are given as:
103861 Super Mario 3D World - CD1 00873797
103862 Super Mario 3D World - CD2 00873798

There's no track-by-track composer breakdown in this version either. The booklet's contents are essentially the same as the Club Nintendo Japan version, but translated to English.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:12 PM
VGMdb Administrator

He's not in the credits (probably none of the performers are, unless they're Nintendo employees who did something else for the game too), but Tomori Kudo of ACE played guitar here: http://blog.ace-emotivesunshine.com/?eid=1121343.
Old May 10, 2014, 07:46 AM
Trusted Editor

Made some stylization updates:

- All "World" --> "WORLD", per the track titles on the case. Even if it's localized, should still try to follow the stylization on the original titles if the word is the same, imo.
- Removed the quotation marks from 2.39, they're not in the track title.
- Changed (Short Version) to (Short Ver.) in the localized tracklist. Ver. --> Version isn't a localization edit and it's in English in the track title.

Debatable edits, discuss or re-edit if there's objections:

- 2.14 --> Changed to "WORLD 7" per actual title. Localization might have called it something else but I don't see why you would localize something already in full English as a track title. I guess it clarifies the stage name more but I don't think it's appropriate.
- 2.22 --> Changed to "WORLD 8" per actual title. Same thing
Old May 10, 2014, 12:15 PM

I agree with the capitalization change as that's even the way it's written in the game. However, I'm not going to change it back, but I want to point out that in the game the seventh and eighth worlds aren't merely localized into different names in the English version, it's that where the number would go in "WORLD _" it has a picture of a castle and of Bowser respectively. The Japanese version of the game likely does the same. Even if this album calls them worlds 7 and 8, the game doesn't so I think a localized tracklist using names from the game shouldn't either.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:34 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
He's not in the credits (probably none of the performers are, unless they're Nintendo employees who did something else for the game too), but Tomori Kudo of ACE played guitar here: http://blog.ace-emotivesunshine.com/?eid=1121343.
Ryota Komatsu identified some other performers as well.

Bandoneon: Jun Hayakawa
Violin: Hitoshi Konno
Percussion: Tamao Fujii
Old Mar 4, 2015, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'd like verification for the credits we're presenting for this album:

Quote:
Composed by:
Mahito Yokota: 1-03, 1-09, 1-11, 1-19, 2-23, 2-29, 2-39

Original tracks composed by:
Asuka Hayazaki: 2-7, 2-16, 2-18
Takeshi Hama: 2-35

Arranged by:
Mahito Yokota: 2-33
I think most of these aside from 2-39 come from piano book confirmations of 3D Land's composers, is that right? Which of these are reused directly from 3D Land, which are arranged, and which are neither? I don't know 3D Land's soundtrack.

Quote:
Arranged by:
Shigetoshi Gohara: 2-35
As far as I can tell, there are no interviews in English or Japanese saying Gohara wrote any music for 3D World; Nintendo Dream volume 238 only says he was a sound programmer. If the only source for Gohara arranging this is that GilvaSunner said so on a YouTube upload, then there's no way we should be repeating it as fact.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 02:12 PM

1-09, 1-19, 2-07, 2-23, 2-29, and 2-35 are new versions of tunes originating in Super Mario 3D Land, most of them redone to feature live instruments. Regarding 2-35, I don't know about the Gohara arrangement credit. However, I really think Takeshi Hama should not be credited as composer since the track is just a colorful, though pretty straightforward, arrangement of Hayazaki's main theme for the game. A note that Hama made the original arrangement this arrangement is based on is more appropriate.

I checked closely in an audio editor and 2-16 and 2-33 (also 2-24) are literally exactly the same as in Super Mario 3D Land. 2-18 is from New Super Mario Bros. and, allowing a little deviation in sound since the music in that game was sequenced, it is also the same, with the same instrument samples and all. It's apparently from Hayazaki's original file, pre-DS conversion.

1-03 and 2-39, as you know, are variations on the main theme of 3D World, which I guess is assumed to be Yokota - don't know if there's actually been official confirmation of it, but it's a pretty safe bet they're his. 1-11 is an expanded version of "The Toad Brigade" from Super Mario Galaxy, which is, of course, confirmed to be Yokota. The first 16 seconds, which is the entire loop of "The Toad Brigade", is even copied verbatim.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 05:21 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That's super helpful, thanks!

I couldn't verify that Yokota was responsible for the SM3DL versions of 1.09 and 2.33. The tracks in the piano book he's credited for are "Beach Theme" (not in SM3DW), "Boom Boom Fight" (2.24), "Boo Waltz" (not in SM3DW), "Victory March" (2.29), "Bowser's Castle" (2.23), "Course Clear Fanfare" (not in SM3DW), and "World Clear Fanfare" (1.19). Dunno if there's another source for those two songs.

Yokota doing the "Super Mario 3D World Theme" comes from another piano book, so 2.39 and the almost-identical-through-the-first-loop 1.03 are solid. Unfortunately that's the only song from the game included.

Are you sure Hayazaki did the 3D Land main theme? I see it credited to Hama in the piano books.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Quote:

Additionally, HIDE-HIDE (Hideki Ishigaki & Hideki Onoue) performed shakuhachi & shamisen.

Last edited by CHz; Mar 5, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 09:32 PM

Really, Yokota for "Boom Boom Fight"? Just by the sound of it I would have figured it was Hayazaki, but I can see it assuming he did "Motley Bossblob" and "Blockade!"

I actually thought Hayazaki was confirmed for 3D Land's main theme, but I've never looked at one of the piano books for myself. Do the books have more than one variation and credit them all to Hama? Certainly, I defer to them if they say so.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 09:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Double-checked the book to make sure and yeah, Yokota for Boom Boom and Hayazaki for Pom Pom. The full credits from the book for the other two composers are:

Hama: Super Mario 3D Land Theme, Desert Theme, Clock Tower, Tail Bowser, Special World 8
Hayazaki: Pom Pom Fight, Snowy Mountain Theme, Final Battle With Bowser

There's a variation of the main theme there with "Clock Tower."
Old Apr 18, 2015, 01:26 AM

Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:07 AM

Well, I made some changes, which reasons are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
Speaking of "Rainbow Run", it and "Underground Cave" are synth upgrades of Super Mario 3D Land music. Yokota did work on that game, but he may not have been the one to make those original arrangements which are fairly closely mimicked on this album. [...]

[...] I checked closely in an audio editor and 2-16 and 2-33 (also 2-24) are literally exactly the same as in Super Mario 3D Land. 2-18 is from New Super Mario Bros. and, allowing a little deviation in sound since the music in that game was sequenced, it is also the same, with the same instrument samples and all. It's apparently from Hayazaki's original file, pre-DS conversion.
Like _if said, "Rainbow Run" and "Undergroud Theme" are both UPGRADES of 3D Land, so they're not the same song, like the others that he noted. And after reading all of the information here, there is no confirmed information on who arranged what, so I'll just leave Mahito Yokota as arranger in the "Arranged by" field. I also credited Kondo for composing them, because they are SMB arrangements indeed, and since there's more original than arranged material in this release, he had to be credited. Changed "Composed by" by "Known composition", which seems more appropriate.

Also fixed a little things on the european release tracklist.

Last edited by Robert_Chrystian; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'd been meaning to do a similar adjustment to the notes for ages but never got around to it, so there we go.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I'd been meaning to do a similar adjustment to the notes for ages but never got around to it, so there we go.
I thank you, CHz, and all the other guys who gave birth and help VGMdb. I'm more than happy to help all the way I can to help the community. I spend more time here than anywhere else for about 2 years now, and this site opened my eyes to VGM official releases, and I'm saving money to buy original albums since. So thank you, and please feel free to ask my help for anything you don't have time to do here
Old Apr 2, 2018, 03:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post

Quote:
Additionally, HIDE-HIDE (Hideki Ishigaki & Hideki Onoue) performed shakuhachi & shamisen.
I couldn't confirm, but I'm almost sure that Takayuki Oshikane, Taizo Takemoto and Midori Takada appear in the video recording as well.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:27 AM

I re-listened to this soundtrack recently and I thought I could share my guesses with you, so there they are (I'm not detailling my process for Yokota songs since it would be too long otherwise) :

Yokota : Disc 1- 01, 03-06, 08-13, 15-19, 24-26, 28-38
Disc 2 - 01-02, 05-07, 10-11, 13-15, 20-24, 27-30, 32-34, 37-39

Minegishi : 1-02 (it gives me a huge Spirit Tracks vibe, especially the pan flute)
1-07 (arrangement of 1-02, merges some of the instruments used in 1-02 and 1-21)
1-20 (some of the instruments are re-used in 1-21)
1-21 (the pan flute, again + the way the guitar is used sounds very Minegishi-like)
1-22 (that bass is just screaming Minegishi)
1-23 (the way the bass, the piano and the guitar are used sounds a lot Minegishi-like)
2-09 (that bass + the piano, again)
2-17 (uses the same voice samples as 1-21)

Iwata : 2-03 (it has some similarities with songs from Breath of the Wild like "Gerudo Town" or "Hateno Village")
2-04 (sounds a lot like the songs he made for Mario Kart 8)
2-19 (also kinda sounds like some of his MK8 songs)
2-25 (makes me think of "Lurelin Village" from BotW)
2-26 (the flute makes me think of the one in "Stables" from BotW)
2-36 (it's like "Spectating" and "Mario Kart TV" from MK8 had a baby)

Kondo : 1-14 (as stated by Kondo himself)
2-12 (as stated by Kondo himself)

Hayazaki : 2-08 (straight from 3D Land, sounds like her style)
2-16 (straight from 3D Land, composer credit from the 3D Land piano covers)
2-18 (straight from New Super Mario Bros., composer credit from SUPER MARIO Series for Guitar - SUPER BEST)

??? : 1-27 (kinda sounds like Yokota but I'm not sure about it at all)
2-31 (this one is troubling, the first two jingles sounds very Yokota-ish but I think the 3rd sounds more like Iwata)
2-35 (could be Gohara like the Throwback Galaxy arrangement he did for Galaxy 2 but I think it could also be Iwata)

Oh and apparently, Yokota himself confirmed on his facebook he composed 1-28 Double Cherry Pass ( https://imgur.com/a/UsUUUyB , found it on this page https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Mahito_Yokota ). I wonder if he'd be ok to give us more credits for this game (and, I'm probably dreaming but, more credits for Skyward Sword would also be wonderful).

So there it is, if you want to discuss my guesses, you are welcome !
Old Jul 2, 2019, 07:42 AM

(Disclaimer: this is mostly speculative)
I have been looking into the sound files of 3D World and I have found something rather interesting with the way the music tracks are named.

Here is a rundown of the file names corresponding with the tracks in both CDs (keep in mind that I couldn't find all of the tracks); for the sake of brevity, I will omit the .32.dspadpcm.bfstm or .bfstm at the end of each file name:

(2021 Edit: I managed to find some more files on the Switch version, indicated with (*), although they don't clarify much in terms of who was involved)

Spoiler:

1.01 - WS_RC_BGM_TITLE (*)
1.02 - Redc_bgm_Map01.my
1.03 - Redc_bgm_Field01.my
1.04 - Redc_bgm_Chika.my
1.05 - Redc_bgm_Circus.my
1.06 - Redc_bgm_Goal01.my
1.07 - Redc_bgm_Map02.my
1.08 - Redc_bgm_Premystbox.my
1.09 - Redc_bgm_Mystbox.my
1.10 - Redc_bgm_Ghost.my
1.11 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOTAN01
1.12 - Redc_bgm_Smallboss.my
1.13 - Redc_bgm_Map03.my
1.14 - Redc_bgm_Athletic.k
1.15 - STM_RC_BGM_PDOREMI
1.16 - WS_RC_BGM_PDOREMI01_CODA1 (*)
1.17 - Redc_bgm_Bossfield.g
1.18 - Redc_bgm_Boss02.g
1.19 - Redc_bgm_Goal02.my
1.20 - Redc_bgm_Map04.g
1.21 - Redc_bgm_Mountain.g
1.22 - (unknown; I believe it should be Redc_bgm_Beatblock.g, but this file doesn't seem to play properly?)
1.23 - Redc_bgm_Strain.g
1.24 - Redc_bgm_Fairy01.my
1.25 - Redc_bgm_Fort.g
1.26 - Redc_bgm_Koopa01.g
1.27 - Redc_bgm_Map05.yi
1.28 - Redc_bgm_Dashpanel.my
1.29 - 00Redc_bgm_test (also WS_RC_BGM_INVINCIBLE (*))
1.30 - Redc_bgm_Fantasy.my
1.31 - Redc_bgm_Train.my
1.32 - Redc_bgm_Lastfield.g
1.33 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa_demo.g
1.34 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa01.my
1.35 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa03.my
1.36 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa04.my
1.37 - Redc_bgm_Ending01.g
1.38 - Redc_bgm_Staffroll.g

2.01 - (unknown)
2.02 - Redc_bgm_Demo01A.yi
2.03 - Redc_bgm_Desert.yi
2.04 - Redc_bgm_Dashridge.my
2.05 - Redc_bgm_Demo02.g
2.06 - Redc_bgm_Map06.my
2.07 - Redc_bgm_Snow.my
2.08 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOHOUSE
2.09 - Redc_bgm_Oshiro.g
2.10 - Redc_bgm_Kinotan02.my
2.11 - WS_RC_BGM_KINOTAN_GOAL (*)
2.12 - STM_RC_BGM_BEACH
2.13 - Redc_bgm_Koopaland01.g
2.14 - Redc_bgm_Map07.my
2.15 - Redc_bgm_Tankmarch.g
2.16 - Redc_bgm_Punpunbattle.my
2.17 - Redc_bgm_Jungle.g
2.18 - WS_RC_BGM_BIGMARIO (*)
2.19 - Redc_bgm_Casino.g
2.20 - Redc_bgm_Redhot.my
2.21 - Redc_bgm_Demo03A.g, WS_RC_BGM_DEMO03B (*), Redc_bgm_Demo03C.g
2.22 - Redc_bgm_Map08.g
2.23 - Redc_bgm_Castle01_Intro.my, Redc_bgm_Castle01.my
2.24 - Redc_bgm_Bunbunbattle.my
2.25 - Redc_bgm_Waiting.my
2.26 - Redc_bgm_Slider.g
2.27 - WS_RC_BGM_JG_MISS (*)
2.28 - Redc_bgm_Boss01.my
2.29 - Redc_bgm_Afterboss.my
2.30 - Redc_bgm_Goal03.my
2.31 - Redc_bgm_Demo04A.yi, Redc_bgm_Demo04B.yi
2.32 - Redc_bgm_Map09.my
2.33 - Redc_bgm_Skybonus01.my
2.34 - WS_RC_BGM_PDOREMI01_CODA2 (*)
2.35 - Redc_bgm_Blockland.g
2.36 - STM_RC_BGM_MAP10
2.37 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOTAN03
2.38 - Redc_bgm_Milkyway.my
2.39 - (unknown)

My belief is that there is an indicative of the composer in charge of each track at the end of each of the tracks of the format Redc_bgm_*; so the breakdown based on this could be something like:
.my = Mahito Yokota: 1.02-10, 1.12-13, 1.19, 1.24, 1.28, 1.30-31, 1.34-36, 2.04, 2.06-07, 2.10, 2.14, 2.16*, 2.20, 2.23-25, 2.28-30, 2.32, 2.33*, 2.38 (plus 2.39 as confirmed)
.g = Toru Minegishi: 1.17-18, 1.20-21, 1.22 (?), 1.23, 1.25-26, 1.32-33, 1.37-38, 2.05, 2.09, 2.13, 2.15, 2.17, 2.19, 2.21-22, 2.26, 2.35
.yi = Yasuaki Iwata: 1.27, 2.02-03, 2.31
.k = Koji Kondo: 1.14 (plus 2.12 as confirmed)
Unknown: 1.01, 1.11, 1.15-16, 1.29, 2.01, 2.08, 2.11, 2.27, 2.34, 2.36-37 (apparently some of these tracks are implemented / programmed in a different way, since they have a different naming convention)

* - These tracks are taken straight from 3D Land, so the credit may just be for their implementation in 3D World.

Listening to the tracks back to back with this composer attribution makes it somehow believable for me, but what do you guys think?

As a matter of fact, I have noticed that a lot of Nintendo EAD / EPD games (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, etc.) have similar naming conventions for their music files, so it makes me wonder if we could figure out who composed what based on that for other games (although unfortunately this naming convention is not universal and some of the tracks across those all of these titles have completely different formatting that doesn't seem to indicate any composer, but at least it would be something worth looking at with the ones that do).

Last edited by RBM95; Feb 15, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
(Disclaimer: this is mostly speculative)
I have been looking into the sound files of 3D World and I have found something rather interesting with the way the music tracks are named.

Here is a rundown of the file names corresponding with the tracks in both CDs (keep in mind that I couldn't find all of the tracks); for the sake of brevity, I will omit the .32.dspadpcm.bfstm or .bfstm at the end of each file name:

Spoiler:

1.01 - (unknown)
1.02 - Redc_bgm_Map01.my
1.03 - Redc_bgm_Field01.my
1.04 - Redc_bgm_Chika.my
1.05 - Redc_bgm_Circus.my
1.06 - Redc_bgm_Goal01.my
1.07 - Redc_bgm_Map02.my
1.08 - Redc_bgm_Premystbox.my
1.09 - Redc_bgm_Mystbox.my
1.10 - Redc_bgm_Ghost.my
1.11 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOTAN01
1.12 - Redc_bgm_Smallboss.my
1.13 - Redc_bgm_Map03.my
1.14 - Redc_bgm_Athletic.k
1.15 - STM_RC_BGM_PDOREMI
1.16 - (unknown)
1.17 - Redc_bgm_Bossfield.g
1.18 - Redc_bgm_Boss02.g
1.19 - Redc_bgm_Goal02.my
1.20 - Redc_bgm_Map04.g
1.21 - Redc_bgm_Mountain.g
1.22 - (unknown; I believe it should be Redc_bgm_Beatblock.g, but this file doesn't seem to play properly?)
1.23 - Redc_bgm_Strain.g
1.24 - Redc_bgm_Fairy01.my
1.25 - Redc_bgm_Fort.g
1.26 - Redc_bgm_Koopa01.g
1.27 - Redc_bgm_Map05.yi
1.28 - Redc_bgm_Dashpanel.my
1.29 - 00Redc_bgm_test
1.30 - Redc_bgm_Fantasy.my
1.31 - Redc_bgm_Train.my
1.32 - Redc_bgm_Lastfield.g
1.33 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa_demo.g
1.34 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa01.my
1.35 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa03.my
1.36 - Redc_bgm_Finkoopa04.my
1.37 - Redc_bgm_Ending01.g
1.38 - Redc_bgm_Staffroll.g

2.01 - (unknown)
2.02 - Redc_bgm_Demo01A.yi
2.03 - Redc_bgm_Desert.yi
2.04 - Redc_bgm_Dashridge.my
2.05 - Redc_bgm_Demo02.g
2.06 - Redc_bgm_Map06.my
2.07 - Redc_bgm_Snow.my
2.08 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOHOUSE
2.09 - Redc_bgm_Oshiro.g
2.10 - Redc_bgm_Kinotan02.my
2.11 - (unknown)
2.12 - STM_RC_BGM_BEACH
2.13 - Redc_bgm_Koopaland01.g
2.14 - Redc_bgm_Map07.my
2.15 - Redc_bgm_Tankmarch.g
2.16 - Redc_bgm_Punpunbattle.my
2.17 - Redc_bgm_Jungle.g
2.18 - (unknown)
2.19 - Redc_bgm_Casino.g
2.20 - Redc_bgm_Redhot.my
2.21 - Redc_bgm_Demo03A.g, Redc_bgm_Demo03C.g
2.22 - Redc_bgm_Map08.g
2.23 - Redc_bgm_Castle01_Intro.my, Redc_bgm_Castle01.my
2.24 - Redc_bgm_Bunbunbattle.my
2.25 - Redc_bgm_Waiting.my
2.26 - Redc_bgm_Slider.g
2.27 - (unknown)
2.28 - Redc_bgm_Boss01.my
2.29 - Redc_bgm_Afterboss.my
2.30 - Redc_bgm_Goal03.my
2.31 - Redc_bgm_Demo04A.yi, Redc_bgm_Demo04B.yi
2.32 - Redc_bgm_Map09.my
2.33 - Redc_bgm_Skybonus01.my
2.34 - (unknown)
2.35 - Redc_bgm_Blockland.g
2.36 - STM_RC_BGM_MAP10
2.37 - STM_RC_BGM_KINOTAN03
2.38 - Redc_bgm_Milkyway.my
2.39 - (unknown)

My belief is that there is an indicative of the composer in charge of each track at the end of each of the tracks of the format Redc_bgm_*; so the breakdown based on this could be something like:
.my = Mahito Yokota: 1.02-10, 1.12-13, 1.19, 1.24, 1.28, 1.30-31, 1.34-36, 2.04, 2.06-07, 2.10, 2.14, 2.16*, 2.20, 2.23-25, 2.28-30, 2.32, 2.33*, 2.38 (plus 2.39 as confirmed)
.g = Toru Minegishi: 1.17-18, 1.20-21, 1.22 (?), 1.23, 1.25-26, 1.32-33, 1.37-38, 2.05, 2.09, 2.13, 2.15, 2.17, 2.19, 2.21-22, 2.26, 2.35
.yi = Yasuaki Iwata: 1.27, 2.02-03, 2.31
.k = Koji Kondo: 1.14 (plus 2.12 as confirmed)
Unknown: 1.01, 1.11, 1.15-16, 1.29, 2.01, 2.08, 2.11, 2.27, 2.34, 2.36-37 (apparently some of these tracks are implemented / programmed in a different way, since they have a different naming convention)

* - These tracks are taken straight from 3D Land, so the credit may just be for their implementation in 3D World.

Listening to the tracks back to back with this composer attribution makes it somehow believable for me, but what do you guys think?
Wow, some of them are really surprising (and I guess I was wrong on a lot of tracks) ! And if that's true, Minegishi's involvement with this soundtrack is way more important than what I initially thought (and Yokota's involvement less important).
I already had some hesitation between Yokota and Minegishi for some of the music (like 1-25 or 1-32 for example), but I'm really surprised by tracks like 1.37, 2.05 and 2.15 attributed to Minegishi since it's the first time we hear him using live orchestra ! (Now I want him return to the Zelda series and use a live orchestra, just imagine what a soundtrack like Twilight Princess might sound like with real instruments !)

If all of this is true, Minegishi really did a fantastic job ! I already love what he did for the Zelda and Splatoon series but this could make him one of my favorite Nintendo composers (along with Yokota and Nagamatsu).

Perhaps asking Yotoka composition credits for some of the tracks (including some he didn't do) would confirm all of this !

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I have noticed that a lot of Nintendo EAD / EPD games (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, etc.) have similar naming conventions for their music files, so it makes me wonder if we could figure out who composed what based on that for other games (although unfortunately this naming convention is not universal and some of the tracks across those all of these titles have completely different formatting that doesn't seem to indicate any composer, but at least it would be something worth looking at with the ones that do).
If you could share this with us, that would be very nice of you !!
New Super Mario Bros. Wii should be easy to confirm since we already have more that 15 tracks credited to Nagata, Fujii and Nagamatsu.
I'm also really interested to know about Wakai, Asahi and Hayazaki's involvement with Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD soundtracks.
(Also my dream would be a composer breakdown for Skyward Sword and ARMS but I guess we'll perhaps never get this...)
Old Jul 4, 2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
Perhaps asking Yotoka composition credits for some of the tracks (including some he didn't do) would confirm all of this !
I guess, but I'd personally not bother him spamming questions about who made what (I think Nintendo employees have strong NDAs and can't really comment a lot on this kind of things with strangers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
If you could share this with us, that would be very nice of you !!
New Super Mario Bros. Wii should be easy to confirm since we already have more that 15 tracks credited to Nagata, Fujii and Nagamatsu.
I'm also really interested to know about Wakai, Asahi and Hayazaki's involvement with Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD soundtracks.
(Also my dream would be a composer breakdown for Skyward Sword and ARMS but I guess we'll perhaps never get this...)
I'd probably need to look into more detail into those... but you can always find and check by yourself the files if you want and reach your own conclusions . At the end of the day this doesn't stop being speculation (since there is always the remote chance that file names could mean nothing at all), but I wanted to bring attention to this at least in this album since Nintendo barely bothered giving any official credits (and, honestly, this may be the closest we may ever get, since these come from an unbiased source).

Regarding Skyward Sword and ARMS, I looked into those and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything indicating composers at first glance (the Skyward Sword music file names are a bunch of numbers and letters that don't make much sense at first lol).
Old Jul 4, 2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I guess, but I'd personally not bother him spamming questions about who made what (I think Nintendo employees have strong NDAs and can't really comment a lot on this kind of things with strangers).
Yeah, I was not saying that we should ask him a full composer breakdown (since he's probably not allowed to give us this kind of info), but more like asking him about 4-5 songs !

Quote:
I'd probably need to look into more detail into those... but you can always find and check by yourself the files if you want and reach your own conclusions . At the end of the day this doesn't stop being speculation (since there is always the remote chance that file names could mean nothing at all), but I wanted to bring attention to this at least in this album since Nintendo barely bothered giving any official credits (and, honestly, this may be the closest we may ever get, since these come from an unbiased source).

Regarding Skyward Sword and ARMS, I looked into those and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything indicating composers at first glance (the Skyward Sword music file names are a bunch of numbers and letters that don't make much sense at first lol).
The problem is that I absolutely have no idea about how to do that... (And I do not have enough time to do those kind of things...
But that's very cool of you to have shared your findings with us ! Super Mario 3D World is one of my top wanted composers breakdown (even if we're not 100% sure about what you found, it's already a huge finding to me).
And regarding Skyward Sword, let's hope that a future re-release of it will bring us a CD release of its soundtrack (or at least part of it, like with Twilight Princess) ! For ARMS I think I will keep my hopes very very low...