VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 11, 2013, 09:55 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Was this ever sold separately from the Nintendo Power subscription pak ?
Found some rare images about it:

Last edited by Myrkul; Nov 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 07:24 PM

Not sure. But I found old crappy photos of the Nintendo Power cardboard slipcase. Better than nothing.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 09:55 AM

So, if anyone is interested in buying this CD at a great price, a while ago I found this seller on Ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-So...wAAOSwxe9fzlGT

Looking at his profile, he has also sold quite a few of these in the past...

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_p...p2047675.l2560

Keep in mind all of these are brand new and the market price for this CD has gone well over $100, which made me a bit suspicious these might be counterfeits the seller is producing. I did buy one, and it is identical to the pictures on the site (CD code printed on the front as well), but when I did go to rip it with EAC, AccurateRip reported that none of the tracks matched up with their database.

I was wondering if anyone has this particular pressing and can confirm that their rip matched up with the AccurateRip database or not, or if there is anyway to see if this is just a CD-R with very convincing reproduction of official material. It would be great to let people know of a great deal if it is legit and to warn people on other video game music sites if it is counterfeit.

Interestingly enough, there is also someone from the UK in London selling Donkey Kong 64 CDs in an identical way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-So...4AAOSw21pfwweK

Last edited by Damned; Jan 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM.