VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:47 AM

Question Shining + Phantasy Star albums WTB price check

Hello peeps!
Long time no see.
I've been out of the vgm world for a while and lost track of prices for some stuff.
I want to buy these albums but don't know prices.
I've checked ebay and yahoo and prices are different or unavailable at all.

Please let me know what are realistic market prices for these:

Shining Force III Original Soundtrack
SHINING FORCE SPECIAL SOUND CD
Shining the Holy Ark Original Soundtrack
Shining Wisdom
Sound Story of Shining and the Darkness
Symphonic Suite Shining Force II ~Ancient Sealing~
Symphonic Suite the Another Story of Shining Force

PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album
PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION: Sound Collection I
PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION: Sound Collection II

PS: if you know someone selling these - let me know. Or places to buy/forums.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:12 PM

That all depends on what condition and completeness you're looking to get these in, but I'll just assume you don't care about condition or completeness so long as its playable. These prices do not reflect middleman servies that you may have to pay as some of these you will only be able to find on the Japanese market.

PHANTASY STAR 1st Series Complete Album -- I've seen an increase in price on Yahoo! Auctions Japan, so you may want to grab the ones that champ_des_pins for $70.00 new. Still easy to find, no matter what the condition.

PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION: Sound Collection -- Usually goes for $75-$125.
Kind of easy to find on the Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION: Sound Collection II -- Usually goes for $75-$125. Also kind of easy to find on the Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

Shining Force III Original Soundtrack -- Easier to find on Amazon.com Japan and the price fluctuates between $50-$100 mark.

SHINING FORCE SPECIAL SOUND CD -- This one is worth about $20-$40 on the Japanese markets. The price sometimes reflects the condition of the book more than the actual CD. It's still pretty available on the used markets of Amazon.com Japan and Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

Shining the Holy Ark Original Soundtrack -- This one can range from $150 to $250. Not always as available as some of the other Shining soundtracks, but you'll see it often enough on Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

Shining Wisdom -- This one is hard for me to price as I don't see all that often, but I will say $150-$200 for that one. Yahoo! Auctions Japan is your best bet.

Sound Story of Shining and the Darkness -- Usually around $65-$95 on both Yahoo! Auctions Japan and Amazon.com Japan.

Symphonic Suite Shining Force II ~Ancient Sealing~ -- $40-$60 price range on this one. Both Amazon.com Japan and Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

Symphonic Suite the Another Story of Shining Force -- $40-$60 price range for this one, too. Both Amazon.com Japan and Yahoo! Auctions Japan as well.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 09:28 PM

Thank you very much for pricing!
I also wanted to check prices for sealed soundtrackes, there are some sealed copies on amazon ... but damn... prices are outrageous. about 350-300$
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:21 PM

Sealed prices for some of those soundtracks will surprise you at times because they can come at lower than expected price, but you probably won't get good deal on any of those soundtracks if they're sealed.

Judging by that price range, you probably ran into that sealed Shining Force III copy on Amazon.com Japan. You'll probably get a better deal for that on Yahoo! Auctions Japan if you're patient enough.

I was looking at Shining and Phantasy soundtracks for a while and I've only come across sealed copies for Shining Force III, Shining and the Darkness, Shining in the Holy Ark, and Phantasy Star Collection II more than once.

I've seen like new copies of all the soundtracks you listed a few times with the exception being the Shining Wisdom soundtrack.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:24 AM

Thank you very much. It was very helpful!
This music is more like a nostalgic relic for me connected with my most beloved games. As a sealed games collector i wanted to find sealed osts as well.

Tags
phantasy star, shining force