VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:02 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Question: Is this soundtrack completely different form the Ragnarok Online Original Soundtrack? It seems like the track titles are different and also this soundtrack has 3 less tracks then Ragnarok Online Original Soundtrack but I am wondering if the music is different.

Another question: Where is this particular soundtrack being sold? I see that currently it's not in anyone's collection.

Edit: Looks like all I had to do was a little bit of searching, makes sense to look for it by catalog number. Now I just need an answer to my first question.

Last edited by KeyLogic; Jun 10, 2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, it's different. Check out the pictures in this auction:

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v86316196

Disc 2 is the "80's Game Watch Mix Side", all tracks are arrangements. I'll add the details.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:02 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

lol. Quite an eye full when scrolling. Alright, that's good to know. I was wondering if I should get this soundtrack or the RO OST published by DigiCube figuring that they nearly the same, but since they're completely different soundtracks, I'll have to think about them differently.

Thanks.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 02:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Don't bother with this one honestly. The 8bit arrangements are horrible. =/

The other and this one would be much better choices.

Last edited by niki; Jun 11, 2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki View Post
Don't bother with this one honestly. The 8bit arrangements are horrible. =/

The other and this one would be much better choices.
I kind of agree with you there, I'm not too fond of the 8bit arrangements, however, I do like the music in the first disc. As for The Memory of Ragnarok, I've been trying to buy that one for awhile now but there's something about the site that isn't working for me.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.