VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 28, 2022, 05:09 AM

@Jimby you added the same pic to different releases (jp and euro have different titles, it can't have illusion of gaia)
Old May 28, 2022, 06:15 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah different ways of looking at this - I tend to just try and find the best square picture for the release and if the sound equivalent releases have different names then so be it. I know, for instance, that Sean goes the way of having region specific covers and that’s all good. I more see it of providing a suitable picture to cover the release (mainly for display purposes on artist discographies) than to try and be 100% authentic.
Old May 28, 2022, 06:19 AM

it makes releases inaccurate, you know

you can't add illusion of gaia pictures for a game named illusion of time or ガイア幻想紀
Old May 28, 2022, 06:41 AM
VGMdb Staff

Possibly so but a fair chunk of the releases don’t have pictures attached to them at all meaning that the product logo displays for all of releases regardless. If we’re chasing product accuracy - and I’d argue aside from crediting we really shouldn’t as we don’t have the manpower - we have a whole lot of leg work to just bring what we do have up to scratch. Perhaps those sorts of things are the things that can be improved once products get fully opened up to all.
Old May 28, 2022, 06:43 AM

perso, I'd prefer no pic than inaccurate pic

and in case a product picture used as default for any release without pic, at least a "warning message"
Old May 28, 2022, 09:40 AM

SQEX have archives for previous releases, does that help ?
Old May 28, 2022, 07:22 PM

If it were up to me, I would prefer having no product logo instead of having a product logo from a different release, like Phonograph said. But I do understand Jimby's point of view. In the end, the product logo is not that important to me, so I don't mind whichever way the staff decides to go.