VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default RJ-0201: Black Beauty

Can anyone explain why this belongs here? There are some Shiro Sagisu songs on here that may also be in Evangelion, but I don't think they were produced for that, were they?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 02:28 PM

I apologize for taking so long to reply to this. I don't have an explanation beyond simply not logging in for some time.

As for submitting the album, I'll admit that I do sometimes have trouble knowing exactly what's allowed and what isn't allowed to be submitted. Sometimes, it seems like an album's perfectly fine to be uploaded so long as it's by a composer known for their work on video games and anime (see the other Sagisu albums I submitted around the same time), but then other times it isn't okay to submit an album even though it's no different from the rest.

I'll admit this is likely a "me" problem more than anything, but I can only go from what information I've been given. And while you did say to me once that the website is for documenting video game and anime music, the presence of countless original albums, soundtracks for tokusatsu series, and similar sorts of albums somewhat conflicts with that. The lack of clarification overall makes it more difficult for me to really understand what is and isn't allowed.

On the handful of occasions I've submitted an album, I don't really know how it'll be received for that reason and I more or less go with what seems right to me at the time. In this case, it didn't work out. Sorry about that, and for wasting your time.