VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 16, 2008, 06:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know where this album is ever referred to as Volume 10, so I kicked it down to an alternate title, and restored the original title.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:09 AM

Oooh! A new Hulsbeck CD! I actually didn't pick up his last one, but this is going on the Christmas list
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:32 PM

I actually listened to the show live on the net radio, and it was good. Great to see it getting a proper release!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 02:04 AM

Damnit. I get from Japan and find out this one was printed in limited edition of 1000 copies and it's sold out. Synsoniq had it listed as preorders (but you couldn't order yet back when i first checked), and I check today and they're sold out and then I find the original site, maz-sound.com, and they say they were sold out on Jan 14. Why do they do things like this? This was an album I actually wanted to buy! It's bad enough that VGM already costs an arm and a leg, but now the only way I can get one is to buy it second-hand from somebody at a marked-up price! >-(
Old Jan 18, 2009, 09:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Hehe, I was lucky to preorder it quite early.
I did manage to get a copy and it's really well arranged!
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:41 PM

This album is Chris Huelsbeck's tenth main album release, but it's not called Chris Huelsbeck Volume 10 on the booklet or anywhere else. So I think it's right that should be left outside the album title.

It was stated quite a while before the release date was set that it would be limited edition. It actually didn't sell out as quickly as I thought though.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:11 PM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

They look fine, size-wise. We don't want them too large because they take up space and take forever to download, and there's a point beyond which there is no benefit. Yours are readable, and are about 1400 pixels per booklet side (300 dpi?), which is what I use.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:13 PM

There is currently a contest for the album through Music 4 Games, in case anyone is interested! I am posting here even though I have also entered...but that's because I'm sure to win one! There will be three copies given away. You will have to find the answer to the question on your own though

http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=1142

RE: Images - I will post about this in the general forums:

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.p...ht=album+image

Last edited by CaptainCommando; Jan 22, 2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I have a copy of Symphonic Shades that I got from maz-sound.com. Unfortunately the bottom corner hinge of the case came destroyed as maz-sound.com shipped it overseas in a flimsy padded envelope far too big for the CD. Symphonic Shades also uses some unique kind of CD case I've never seen before so I don't know if I can replace it. Does anyone know of a place that sells those CD cases?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I have a copy of Symphonic Shades that I got from maz-sound.com. Unfortunately the bottom corner hinge of the case came destroyed as maz-sound.com shipped it overseas in a flimsy padded envelope far too big for the CD. Symphonic Shades also uses some unique kind of CD case I've never seen before so I don't know if I can replace it. Does anyone know of a place that sells those CD cases?
Just get in contact with MAZ sound. They are very friendly, and I am sure they will help you: [email protected]
Old Feb 9, 2009, 04:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCommando View Post
There is currently a contest for the album through Music 4 Games, in case anyone is interested! I am posting here even though I have also entered...but that's because I'm sure to win one! There will be three copies given away. You will have to find the answer to the question on your own though

http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=1142

RE: Images - I will post about this in the general forums:

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.p...ht=album+image
Are the winners for this announced yet? I was in the US when this cd was released and it sold out before i came home, so i missed out on it, and i was even in attendance!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:26 AM

Youtube has a few videos of the concert up. Sound is different from the CD, though of course part of that is due to the compression. Still, they're fantastic to listen to!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...08&view=videos
Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:34 PM

Default Sinfonia Drammatica

... and on August 4, 2009, the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra will perform selections of Symphonic Shades again, interview with Chris Huelsbeck:

"Q: This time the new version of Apidya II will be performed, however — the one arranged by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi.

A: Yes, of course. In addition, we selected Grand Slam Monster, X-Out, Gem'X, R-Type, Jim Power, Giana Sisters, and, probably needless to say, Turrican II for Stockholm."

SEMO interview
Old Apr 26, 2009, 01:38 PM

There will be a re-release of the CD.

"By the release of the new edition we make sure the concert CD will continue to stay permanently available ", says Huelsbeck particularly in respect to the numerous fans.

MAZ Sound pre-orders