VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 6, 2021, 04:31 PM

I look back and still really appreciate this one. I'm surprised to see that recently there was a commentary tape and a promotional song tape for Sword World SFC unearthed from back in the 90s. A shame it's still not talked about and the people uploading the soundtrack got nuked for the most part. I'm still upset they didn't put this song in it considering it's one of the best and done better in 1 rather than in 2: https://youtu.be/1nz1Aq4jcXk?t=1560
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:48 AM

Yeah this is a really good overlooked one. Going My Way and Nightshade are the two main tracks I always go back to. They sound more like sports or racing game tracks than something you'd expect to hear from an RPG. Currently in the process of getting the few SFC2 tracks that were featured on the SFC Magazine albums.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 04:39 AM

Just came across a very interesting bit of information on this one via Diggin' in the Discs:

In his write-up Itoda mentions that Ryuji Sasai worked on the PC-98 version but wasn't credited on this album possibly because he was hired by Square that very year. So I went digging for a primary source and found a video showing the credits and there he is (jump to around 20:40): https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6268682