VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
An official soundtrack release for the 'Kara no Kyoukai' (Garden of Sinners) animation, scored by Yuki Kajiura:

There are only the 7 promo audio discs that were included with the limited edition of the respective movies. Not all of the discs are really filled, so this would probably result in a ~4 disc release.
Woohooo!

http://vgmdb.net/album/22635

Not exactly four discs, but my prayers have been answered! *g*
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:33 AM

Remastered:

Radiant Silvergun (I'm sure this is going to happen this year with the game getting the HD makeover on the 360)

Unlimited SaGa (What happened with this, I thought it got voted for a reprint and then it just disappeared.

Front Mission: Gun Hazard

Perfect Dark (64 Soundtrack)

Donkey Kong Country 1-2 bundled together

Live-a-Live

Another Mind

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur

Super Mario RPG
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:38 PM

I'd like to see a continuation of the Konami MIDI Power Pro albums...

MIDI Power Pro8 ~Contra~
MIDI Power Pro9 ~Metal Gear~
MIDI Power Pro10 ~Lagrange Point~
MIDI Power Pro11 ~Madara~

And why not some more Battle Albums...

Perfect Selection Contra Battle
Perfect Selection Dracula Battle III
Perfect Selection Dracula Battle IV

I'd like to see full arrange albums (Cave style, with a variety of contributors) for these games:

Castlevania III
Castlevania IV
Lagrange Point
Madara
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Rygar
Batman
Blaster Master
Journey to Silius
Kage
Power Blade
Faxanadu
Jurassic Park (SNES version)

And I've always thought Rygar would sound good if performed by a full orchestra. The main theme is just asking for it. So I'd like a Rygar Orchestra album.

As for remastering a soundtrack, I'm not sure. I'm usually thankful just to get a soundtrack. I don't know what the motivation is behind remastering if it already sounds fine. I've heard the remaster for Vagrant Story, Soul Calibur, and the Ray series. They sounded great, but I never found anything wrong with the originals. A remaster is not something I would wish for. However...

I do like what they did with Turok 2 on the Violence Killer album. It sounds much improved over the original N64 sound. So...

Turok Dinosaur Hunter (Upgrade version)

Perfect Dark (Upgrade)
Goldeneye (Upgrade)
and so on....I'll take everything in the N64 Rare catalog
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:00 AM

I think if Goldeneye and Perfect Dark got an upgrade, I would dismiss them, these two soundtracks from the original game are flawless in my eyes and I would probably never listen to new arranged tracks
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
full arrange albums (Cave style, with a variety of contributors)
More of these full stop. And make them more available!

Specifically, I'd love a Wangan Midnight premium arrange album, but with trance a no go for the arrangers (unless TECHNOuchi happens to be one of the arrangers, in which case let him!). This was one of the first ideas that came to me when I read GeOnDan had been formed. Guess I'll remain hopeful...
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:25 PM

Larai Cliff ~ Where the Wind Doesn't Reach from Illusion of Gaia.

Really most of the songs from that game have fully orchestrated arrangement potential.

Oh, and if live music by piano and strings Actraiser is actually just a rumor than that would be great as well.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:07 PM

Guardian Heroes......Arranged!! I want it!!!!!! =D
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Arranged: http://vgmdb.net/album/1495
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:15 PM

^Wait..what?...Seriously...that would be awesome!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:53 PM

E.V.O. yes indeed. That one is long overdue. What with multiple "arranged" versions out there you'd think Sugiyama would have done it properly by now.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:56 AM

Reprints of http://vgmdb.net/album/451 & http://vgmdb.net/album/3303 (remastered) would be nice, with bonus arranged tracks.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:27 PM

I would like a remaster of the "Staff Roll" theme from F-Zero X. Such crappy quality for an amazing composition.

And the Basiscape team doing arrangements of the Zelda series.

Last edited by strugglepoo; Feb 9, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:58 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

KeyLogic would love to see arrangements of Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3D Blast (SEGA Genesis version) done by SuperSweep or maybe DiNY.

KeyLogic likes these musicians because they'll probably make some really nice arrangements without abandoning the catchy melodies we've come to love from the originals.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 02:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Bumping this thread a little bit

I think someone should properly rearrange Nayru's Song from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. It's so beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHV-qRL5Mg

ZREO's arrangement is pretty okay, and there's some other decent ones, but they're ruined by hip-hop beats and whatnot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRn4GeY17U)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:50 AM

Imagined tracklist from Ys Midnight Maximum Tune:
  • Stream of Tears of Sylph
  • Red Blazes
  • Beat of the Total Terror
  • Maximum Acceleration Towards Wars
  • Unlawful Termination
  • Over Driver's Delight
  • Feena the Moment (sung by Lilia Terry)

Want.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:35 PM

Remastered : Blazing Star (Neo Geo), for sure.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 02:30 PM

I would love to see arranged the Final Fantasy V Original Sound Version but in the way of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl arrangements
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:19 AM

It's a shame the beautiful Mona Mona minigame theme from Zwei!! got left out of the Zwei!! 2008 arrangement. Would have been lovely.

Speaking of which, it's probable Ys IV will get the Jindo treatment! Or maybe even Yonemitsu again, considering his recent resurgence. I can barely contain myself.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:15 PM

I'd pick the entire Star Fox soundtrack to be rearranged, remastered and rerecorded except for the Main Theme, Corneria and the Black Hole as they've already been arranged. Too bad Nintendo seems to brush the music aside in favour of Star Fox 64 which, although it's still good music, isn't close to the masterpiece that is Star Fox.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf View Post
Too bad Nintendo seems to brush the music aside in favour of Star Fox 64 which, although it's still good music, isn't close to the masterpiece that is Star Fox.
I don't see what qualifies the original Star Fox score to even stand in the same ring as SF64. SF is enjoyable but somewhat tentative and undetermined relative to its N64 iteration.

SF64, on the other hand, reaches an orchestral depth that few other games had done prior to its time. "Masterpiece" is a word more appropriately attributed to a score which, despite the pathetic hardware on which it had to exist, improbably performed with classical poise and color. That score is Star Fox 64, which handily demonstrates that action games needn't sacrifice sophistication for gimmicky synth rock or overbearing, soulless orchestral bombast.

Star Fox's soundtrack, while good, neither set nor defied any particular standards of its genre. Its most impressive selections are just on the cusp of greatness, but there are still many boundaries left un-pushed.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:54 PM

Ah, someone else who thinks highly of Star Fox 64. That soundtrack is the main reason I'm thrilled Hajime Wakai is the lead composer on the new Zelda. I thought he sounded like Hayato Matsuo on SF64, whom I love.

An orchestral Terranigma album would be amazing. If only...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:56 PM

It would be a dream to see Hyakutaro Tsukumo handle the arrangement of the entire Feedback (MSX) soundtrack...

...and these already awesome tracks:

"Omake 1" (Thunder Force IV - MD)
"Stage 1 BGM" (Silver Surfer - NES)
"Whirlwind" (Shinobi III - MD)

Wolverine (NES) is another soundtrack that needs to be arranged.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:52 PM

I would like to see just about every VGM rock album from the past 10 years re-released with a lot less compression and far better dynamics. I rarely listen to my Guilty Gear soundtracks anymore because of this and the new Falcom stuff is nuked so badly by the loudness war, it is hardly worth the effort. Stuff like Arcana Hearts 3, Meltyblood and much of the doujin rock releases share a similar fate.

I've also been noticing a lot of midrange compression in PS1 soundtracks. Legend of Mana is the first one to spring to mind, it sounds like so much stuff is crammed into the midrange and it just isn't fun to listen to, even though the actual music is good. I've always kind of noticed it, but now I can pinpoint exactly why I couldn't fully get into it.

And that Rockman X boxset...that whole damn thing needs a good remaster!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:44 PM

I think I would just about die if Noriyuki Kamikura arranged the Vantage Master Japan OST in a sort of fusion of the styles he showcased in Oboromuramasa and Opoona. He can do great things with Falcom music. He simply has to join the sound team someday, he's way too talented to just arrange/perform!

Last edited by jdkluv; Oct 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:25 AM

As a SNK fan I've always dreamed about a Buriki One and a Garou -Mark of the Wolves- Arranged Soundtrack.

Hosoe said he wanted to release an Ibarra arrange album, but...

I would like to see a DDP Saidaioujou AST in the future.