VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:13 PM

Default (Almost) Complete Composer Edition of Kameo: Elements of Power released

Steve Burke just released an almost complete soundtrack for Kameo:

Quote:
Update April 2013: Download for free the Complete Composer Edition of Kameo: Elements of Power (minus the Soundtrack CD). 5hrs 17mins, 265 MP3 tracks. 540MB Zip File.
http://steveburkemusic.com/music.html

According to this thread at NeoGAF (which was where I first saw this):

Quote:
That's the contents of my working folder for Kameo. I removed the music that I put on the official Soundtrack CD (you can get that on Amazon). It's also got my original labels, which might give you an idea of how the game progressed through development on on the Gamecube -> Xbox -> Xbox 360. It was originally called Ariel's Quest (if memory serves me correctly). Quite a few tracks weren't used, especially cutscenes that changed or didn't make it to the game. Lots of 'experimental' stuff too, as I was trying to find the right sound for the game.
Quote:
In the Kameo (Composer Edition) 540MB download, the tracks with "Kameo__KAr" at the start were written when it was Ariel's Quest on GameCube. Anything with "Ariel" in the title is GameCube. Early in development, the plan was for all music to be MIDI (i.e. triggered samples via MIDI files, like the N64 days). Luckily we moved away from that after the first public demo on GC (Dolphin dev kit), and everything was streamed audio after that. Some of the tracks have sound effects in them, and even Meepo (the doomed sidekick) had his voice in those. A few experimental 'Meepo' themes were written, and thankfully discarded.
I can't download it at the moment, but I thought people would want to know about this.

It was released on April 9.