VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 20, 2009, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Top & Bottom Rated Albums - Min Votes set to 5

Now that we have quite a few votes seeding the database, we can turn the Top & Bottom Rated album lists (on the statistics page) into something a little more useful by enforcing a minimum number of votes in the display. Right now, I have it set to 5, which seems about right for the number of ratings we've got now. Eventually, I'd like to bump it up to a 10 vote minimum.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

This is a lot better than how it was before. I was waiting for this to happen. Thank you.

My only the concern is the lowest rated list still seems rather highly rated. None of them are below a three star. Perhaps if you raise the highest list from 5 votes to 10 votes, you should keep the lowest rated at 5 votes.

Also, perhaps you should have a cutoff value that stops displaying votes for one list and starts displaying them for another (e.g. 4 stars and higher only on the highest list; less than 4 stars on the lowest list).

Last edited by Kaleb.G; May 20, 2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 03:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

About the lowest rated thing ... I think that's a secondary effect that arises from our tendency to purchase and listen to the music we like. You can see this by looking at the album rating stats page under submission statistics, which lists the average mark that each member gives out.

The cutoff is a possibility, though I don't think the extra pages are hurting anything.