VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:48 PM

Mmm...I'm trying to get my hand on some C&C Generals soundtracks and I need more information.
Are this album and The C&C Generals Zero Hour Soundtrack released as mp3 files?Where can I get them?And any specific release details on This one?
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:09 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I guess you found out about the formats and source at the Nettwerk Store.

Concerning the EA Music Library album, this music is actually meant to be sold as licensed material, which the buyers could use in their own projects. From what I recall, the price is a lot higher than the other album releases and it only offers 12 full-length tracks (the rest is 0:30 and 1:00 edits).
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimo View Post
Concerning the EA Music Library album, this music is actually meant to be sold as licensed material, which the buyers could use in their own projects. From what I recall, the price is a lot higher than the other album releases and it only offers 12 full-length tracks (the rest is 0:30 and 1:00 edits).
So you mean that this is meant to be purchased by producers who want to use the music in their game (or movie or commercial)? Is EA the only company to have done this, or do you know of some others?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:15 AM

Thanks for your replies here and in the off topic forum,Rimo.They're very helpful.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, that's the first purpose of these releases. EA actually put together several library albums similar to that one. A way to make extra bucks easily I guess. I don't think I've heard of other companies having done this, aside recycling their own music for use in other games.

A piece from one of the Medal of Honor games scored by Christopher Lennertz was used in a promotional video for John McCain during the last election campaign. The license might have been acquired through that library service. Lennertz was apparently not too happy with that happening, but his music is owned by EA and they can do as they please with it.

Last edited by Rimo; Feb 16, 2009 at 07:53 AM.