VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 7, 2013, 09:14 AM

So I can't find a reference to an actual game called "Everybody's Golf Online". Is that actually from the online section of 4?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:51 PM

Is this actually called "Everybody's Golf" though? Like, officially romanized that way? I don't see it... :S
Old Nov 7, 2013, 01:38 PM

ah, he meant that minna no golf online could be a more correct name than an obscure translation?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 01:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

"Everybody's Golf" is an official translation of みんなのGOLF that appears in the Japanese logos of games 3~6 and absolutely everywhere on this album, so I went with Everybody's Golf Online for consistency (Online came out between 3 & 4) even though AFAIK that game's name is only referred to in Japanese.

I see Sony has a new site for the series that now refers to that game, and that game alone, as "MINNANO GOLF ONLINE" though hm: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/ol/. The old site at mingol.net didn't have anything.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:33 PM

Huh.Wikipedia makes NO mention of the game that I can tell, and searching for it comes up with a lot of non-VG releated fluff...guess I could have tried for Minna no Golf but eh.