VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:35 AM

This album, according to Wikipedia, features arrangements of music from the first Aretha game, which, according to the staff roll, Tsuyoshi Tanaka composed music for (along with Koji Abe and Kazuyasu Hiroe). Should he (along with Kazuyasu Hiroe, I guess) be added to the album page as a composer?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've linked up Tsuyoshi Tanaka. Do you know which tracks originally came from the first game, and hence were composed by him?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I've linked up Tsuyoshi Tanaka. Do you know which tracks originally came from the first game, and hence were composed by him?
I believe all of the tracks come from the game. I don't know, though, who composed what tracks, as the staff roll credits Tsuyoshi Tanaka, Koji Abe, and Kazuyasu Hiroe under Sound Effects/Music, and I believe the album just credits them as "Japan Art Media" (the name of the developer).

The only specific information I could find was that track 2 is arranged by Hiromoto Tobisawa and performed by Yoshiko Miura, and track 12 is arranged by Hiromoto Tobisawa and performed by Eri Kawai.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That credit sounds a little tricky, because it doesn't distinguish between the music and the sound effects. I wonder if we should just trust the original credits here (unless you're sure that Tsuyoshi Tanaka was a composer, and not just a sound effects programmer.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
That credit sounds a little tricky, because it doesn't distinguish between the music and the sound effects. I wonder if we should just trust the original credits here (unless you're sure that Tsuyoshi Tanaka was a composer, and not just a sound effects programmer.
Tsuyoshi Tanaka worked on every other Aretha game as a composer (he's the only person that's consistent under the music credit throughout the series), so I have no reason to believe he didn't work on this one, either. The Sound Effects/Music credit probably just means they did both.