VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 20, 2017, 06:21 AM
Trusted Editor

This should be removed. It's not even clear at this point, if the crowdfunding is going to be successful.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 07:16 AM

Hi,

I don't understand you, the album is already licensed, the crowdfunding is mainly to increase items quality. I would be happy to answer any question.
Regards.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 07:21 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
The planning overview is estimated with risks of delay(as it can happen in every project), since the project is involving multiple participants around the world. However if we finish earlier, the release date can be around August 2017.
Licensing doesn't mean anything. Add this album when it is available for purchase somewhere.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 07:51 AM

It will be available in the next months, however if the administrator prefer to remove it now, no problem for me, I'll add it later on.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 09:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

The question I would have is whether the album will be released even if the crowdfunding campaign fails to meet its target. If you can say with confidence that it will be, I don't mind retaining the entry and keeping it periodically updated up to release. If not then it shouldn't be here just yet.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 09:54 AM

Hi,

The crowdfunding is in flexible strategy, wich means the project will be released at least digitally even if we don't meet the target.

There are some limited items that will not be released later on, like the Piano score book delivered with the physical CD.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you and Regards,
Younes.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 07:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm genuinely curious and cannot find a link anywhere ... where is the crowdfunding page? And have you released a sample/preview track anywhere?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:05 AM
VGMdb Staff

Indiegogo link below, Ramza

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/piano-dojo--2#/
Old Mar 21, 2017, 06:52 AM
VGMdb Advisor

thanks Jimby.

Hmmm... so the preview is not a recording, but being run through software that's interpreting the notation/score?

Would be great if one full song were recorded to get a better sense. I don't mean to come off as snobbish, but as the audio sounds now, it feels "vanilla" or "plain." I'd like to be shocked back to my senses by a sound that either a) hearkens back to the game's heavily Chinese sound (which is difficult to do with a piano alone, but not impossible), or b) surprises me with interpretations that are new and risky (example: turning a song like Shenfa/Shenhua into a kind of fugue, or call/response pattern).

Just some thoughts.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:05 AM

Hi Ramza,

The demo sound is not a recording, it's done by a software to show the idea of the arrangement, hence the crowdfunding to increase quality in recording.

The arrangement for piano will be faithful to the original song, meanwhile enhanced with different pattern and interpretation(classical , jazz...). Hope it's answering your toughts.

Thank you,
Younes.