VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 15, 2014, 05:27 PM

Default Can I get some help identifying this Sakura Taisen album?

I picked up this double album last Wednesday at my usual flea market haunts. I know this is a Sakura Taisen / Sakura Wars set, and it's definitely a bootleg (the album is from Taiwan, the barcode is for another item, etc.), but I can't identify what legit album this is supposed to be.

Here's a link to a picture of the back cover. Photobucket is stupid and won't let me link to the large sized picture directly so click on the magnifying glass in the bottom left corner of the image - twice - to see the large image.

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:05 PM

cd1: sakura taisen 4 zenkyokushuu http://vgmdb.net/album/2042
cd2: sakura taisen tv series song album http://vgmdb.net/album/22066
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhack View Post

I picked up this double album last Wednesday at my usual flea market haunts. I know this is a Sakura Taisen / Sakura Wars set, and it's definitely a bootleg (the album is from Taiwan, the barcode is for another item, etc.), but I can't identify what legit album this is supposed to be.

actually, it's a bootleg, but sme taiwan really exists
anything from taiwan isn't necessarily bootlegs (avex taiwan is legit too)
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:38 PM

I know Sony Taiwan exists, I have a legit album published by them somewhere (a bunch of movie songs.) It's just that the UPC used by this item is apparently also used by a couple of bootleg CDs.

Also, it's an HDCD. I see -a lot- of Chinese HDCD bootlegs in my area. Hell I have a Pink Floyd one, also by "Sony Music Entertainment Taiwan", called The Final Cat - it has The Final Cut and The Dark Side of the Moon and a bunch of random songs smushed together on two HDCDs.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Any chance someone could write the title in Kanji and transliterated so I can add this to the site?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:09 PM

it's hanzi, not kanji btw
サクラ大戦 日本超級卡通音樂全記録

note that the back cover uses 越 instead of 超 (I think front cover has correct chinese, but a chinese person should confirm it)

Last edited by Phonograph; Jun 15, 2014 at 07:14 PM.