VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:11 AM

Anyone know if mp3 version of the songs are including ?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 05:46 PM

Doesn't look like it...

Will have to buy the LE version of the game to get an audio CD of this concert, I guess?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
Doesn't look like it...

Will have to buy the LE version of the game to get an audio CD of this concert, I guess?
Yes it seems so.. why they dont included the mp3 version..like on the FF 14 albums. Maybe because of nier automata LE.
Although the LE cd missing one track.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 01:12 PM

Yeah they did this recently with The Distant Worlds Celebration blu-ray where the only way to get the music itself was a promo disc like this.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Because I can't yet (and may never) get my hands on the audio CD version, I did spring for the bluray.

I'll have packaging scans and track times up in the next few days.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 02:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If someone could take a look at "Slipcase Back" scan...

The bluray is broken into two distinct parts, as per the name. The Concert portion is 90 minutes, and is made up of the 14 tracks (12 + 2 encore).

Then there is the Talk portion, which is just called "Talk Part"

But the labels above both sections, in Kanji, I don't know how to translate them. Could someone put them into notes?

And, should "Talk Part" be listed as a separate disc / folder / partition for this album? Or just noted in the notes section as being the other 30 minutes of the disc? (I'll have the exact time soon)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 03:20 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
But the labels above both sections, in Kanji, I don't know how to translate them.
It should be something like
本編 - the main part
特典映像 - special clip

It's one media, you can just add the talk part as the 15th track in a new tracklist.

Last edited by Efendija; Apr 13, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 03:40 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thank you Ef!

So, I'm going to be listing an absurdly long track time for track 12 ... but there's no distinction in the chapter select on the bluray for the time between the last main song and the encore. In between that time, someone (I believe Okabe) comes out and speaks to the crowd briefly, then re-introduces the two main singers, and then they begin on Grandma (tr13) a solid 14 minutes after tr12 (Ashes of Dreams) had begun. So I'm going to list Ashes of Dreams as 14-something minutes because that's how it is on the bluray, but in fact, the actual performance of the song is about 8 minutes in length.

The same is true of the final track, 14. The song itself ends after ~5 minutes, but it is the last chapter for the "folder" (the other folder being the interview). After Song of the Ancients / Fate is over, though, a female M.C. (is that Emil's seiyuu?) comes out, as does the full line of concert performers and interview participants, and each one is given about a minute to talk, and there's a boatload of applause, and then a running end credits (live at the concert) wish guitar-only Ashes of Dreams. Hence, track 14 technically runs for 18 minutes.

Last edited by Ramza; Apr 13, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 03:59 PM
VGMdb Staff

No problem, it's just the nature of bluray stuff and I guess no way to make a distinction in the tracklist itself (currently) so we put it all as one media (what it physically is), I remember something similar for Halo 5 bluray.

Thank you for the scans!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 04:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

is there anyone, anywhere, who can identify the members of the Reiko Tsuchiya Quartet? Because I am a master detective, I figured out that Reiko Tsuchiya is in it. :P
So who are the other 3?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 04:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

Booklet has

Violin: Reiko Tsuchiya, Ayako Himata
Viola: Hiroko Ishida
Cello: Miyuki Onuma

That should be it, cheers
Old Apr 14, 2017, 05:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I didn't add the "Navigator" and "Cast" voice actors as performers for now because I don't know who all is actually included in the talk part footage on the disc. I see other folks in the photos chatting, Yoko Taro at least (maybe Keiichi Okabe too?).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 05:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
I didn't add the "Navigator" and "Cast" voice actors as performers for now because I don't know who all is actually included in the talk part footage on the disc. I see other folks in the photos chatting, Yoko Taro at least (maybe Keiichi Okabe too?).
All of them (Navigator and Cast) speak in the music portion, they line up and talk after track 14. There might be one or two exceptions, but they would still be listed performers ... those would be the "Voices of NieR:Automata" track (that got cut from the audio-only music CD released as LE enclosures in all territories).

In track 15, the talk portion, it's Navigator, Yoko Taro, Yosuke Saito, at least one guy from Platinum, and Keiichi Okabe being interviewed in a panel discussion format.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 05:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Booklet has

Violin: Reiko Tsuchiya, Ayako Himata
Viola: Hiroko Ishida
Cello: Miyuki Onuma

That should be it, cheers
Would it be okay to leave the credit as "Reiko Tsuchiya Quartet" and define them as a unit, and then put these four artists as members of the unit?

I know they're not credited as such in the book, but we must have gotten that name from somewhere at some point. Whatever we do, we should make it consistent with the enclosure audio CDs.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 06:00 PM
VGMdb Advisor

anyone wanna take a rough stab at this Japanese prefix-title thing?

Horobi no Shiro Saisei no Kuro
Just to list among alternate titles
Old Apr 14, 2017, 06:35 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Would it be okay to leave the credit as "Reiko Tsuchiya Quartet" and define them as a unit, and then put these four artists as members of the unit?

I know they're not credited as such in the book, but we must have gotten that name from somewhere at some point. Whatever we do, we should make it consistent with the enclosure audio CDs.
While I don't know how it's in the JP enclosure, there isn't much info in the English one:
http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=281672

Maybe the quartet was a temporary... formatted info. I'd rather keep them as they're credited here and adjust the enclosure notes (unless the JP enclosure booklet shows otherwise).

The thing from yesterday I forgot to mention as an alternative: 特典映像 - dictionaries will return "bonus footage" (as it nicely suggests in a behind-the-scenes kind of way) which does sound more natural in English (although that's just me and I'm surely not a native speaker) but anyway if you like the sound of that better, you could perhaps switch it over.

Last edited by Efendija; Apr 14, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 06:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think Special Clip is fine, personally.

I love how the English booklet claims all compositions were Keiichi Okabe, but then the blu-ray claims that Keigo Hoashi did some composition. wtf.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 06:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

Ooops, quartet is credited right here but we still don't know how the JP enclosure booklet looks like.