VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12, 2009, 02:14 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Naoto Tanaka (#1524)

Quote:
OSV: I know you’re just settling down after MadWorld, and are likely looking to your next project right now, but to take a step back, I was hoping you could tell us a little about yourself since there isn’t a whole lot of information about you available in English. Can you tell us about your musical background, and what were some of your representative works?

Tanaka: I have been working as a video game composer since 1996, but before that, I had always loved games and game music. My career in music stemmed from my love for game music, and I even used to create my own versions of early game music, or chiptunes, which later because the foundation for my career.

I have worked on many titles, but to mention a few, I worked on Megaman X5 through X8 as well as Phoenix Wright 2. In the credits, you’ll find my alias, “Akemi Kimura.”
I have to be honest, Akemi Kimura being an alias took me a bit by surprise.