VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:29 AM

In the Japanese tracklisting, changed track 27: ブレス・オブ・ファイアー to ブレス・オブ・ファイア. Looking at the scan and my own copy of the album there is no long vowel sound (ー) at the end of "Buresu obu Faia" (Breath of Fire). This is also relected in the box set tracklisting.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 03:16 PM

I'm dying to know what the booklet's liner notes contain! Is there a translation anywhere? Also, pretty great that the booklet has the sheet music for the Whale tune
Old Jun 25, 2020, 01:45 PM

Added an official English tracklist based on the one found on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...nd_Collection/
Old Jul 19, 2022, 06:23 PM

Well, they're selling an LP of this like the first BoF. Can someone come to my house and beat me up if I try and buy it, because I don't think the soundtrack is as good as my nostalgia for the game is. Yeah, I love those crunchy battle themes, but I must resist. I mean I just sold my copy of the standalone OST as it's clearly in the wrong hands, but I shouldn't go out and buy this when I can just raddle off reason after reason why I shouldn't.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 05:35 AM

I can slap you till Tuesday comes but there'd be a call-out charge. I'd rather solve this one without violence, though: if you've just sold this album because you felt someone else would enjoy it much more than you, then there's little reason to buy it again. How many times did you listen to the one you sold? There are many other releases out there which you should rather get, probably even by the same publisher.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
I can slap you till Tuesday comes but there'd be a call-out charge. I'd rather solve this one without violence, though: if you've just sold this album because you felt someone else would enjoy it much more than you, then there's little reason to buy it again. How many times did you listen to the one you sold? There are many other releases out there which you should rather get, probably even by the same publisher.
Yeah, over the course of today I realized/talked myself out of it. I'm gonna pass. Thanks for not beating the crap out of me, but I guess the bigger prize is I came to that realization on my own? Nah, I shouldn't pat myself on the shoulder for doing the smart/obvious thing.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 05:47 AM

Hey, what are random strangers on the internet for, if not to threaten you with violence and never to go through with it?

Judging by your collection, I think you might enjoy this release by the same publisher. It's slightly cheaper, has awesome music and is a nice package, especially if you don't rob yourself of the joy of reading the essay by just looking at the scans before holding it in your hands. Just a suggestion if you get that itch to lighten your wallet!

On topic: CPCA-10146~56 has many more tracks than this release does. Are they mastered better as well? I could imagine CUSA-0014~6 and STS-129 being reissues of the CPCA-10146~56 masters.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
Hey, what are random strangers on the internet for, if not to threaten you with violence and never to go through with it?

Judging by your collection, I think you might enjoy this release by the same publisher. It's slightly cheaper, has awesome music and is a nice package, especially if you don't rob yourself of the joy of reading the essay by just looking at the scans before holding it in your hands. Just a suggestion if you get that itch to lighten your wallet!
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm actually a little burned out on CV music at the moment - which, yes, I know is probably tantamount to heresy in these parts. Back when the Red and Black boxes came out last year I had a similar moment like the one above where I had to tell myself not to import them because I would have been buying them for the wrong reason. Thinking about it/that, maybe I was too harsh on myself above - I did talk myself out of that without help.

Also, I know I'm off topic, but I'm kind of at the point where I don't feel the need to have physical copies of certain things anymore. I guess I'm just trying to keep physical copies of things that I have a deep personal connection to.