VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 22, 2020, 03:57 PM

why did this guy removed the translation from track 15 and label the whole tracklist "Japanese" when 99.9% of the TL is in English? LMAO
Old Aug 13, 2023, 06:54 AM

From what I gather, if there is ANY Japanese (hiragana, katakana, or kanji) in the tracklist, it goes under Japanese.

As for why the translation was removed, my guess would be that the translator (this case being yourself) isn't a trusted translator here. You'd have to ask ladatree to know for sure.

Last edited by Blaqthourne; Aug 13, 2023 at 07:35 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 10:18 AM

no idea why the translation got remade then accepted, but translations aren't removed because not trusted

also, if it's labelled as japanese (even for 1 track) that's because from that tracklist you can have romaji and/or english and it needs to be labelled in consequences (not as english at 95% and english at 100%, tracklists request could be problematic while ripping using vgmdb to fill it in)

Last edited by Phonograph; Aug 13, 2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 08:44 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqthourne View Post
As for why the translation was removed, my guess would be that the translator (this case being yourself) isn't a trusted translator here. You'd have to ask ladatree to know for sure.
The post in question is 3 years old... and the translation itself isn't incorrect either. The problem was that it wasn't completely the proper, original tracklist on print (just like with the recent WFM), an alternate one should be made for the translated tracklist.

Quote:
You'd have to ask ladatree to know for sure.
I doubt he cares much to revisit something he did in the aforementioned time period, given that he's also a regular user and has thousands of albums he's added and edited up till now.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 04:46 PM

I saw the album in the recent updates, and didn't even look at how old the post was -- I was thinking it was a new album.