VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:13 AM
Trusted Editor

Would it better to put that translated tracklist as default, and iTunes-one as second tracklist with note saying that it's from iTunes?

edit: disregard this post, didn't know that the booklet actually does have japanese/english tracklist and pure english tracklist same time.

Last edited by razakin; Dec 13, 2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, the English tracklist is also in the booklet, but it's not always literal. Maybe we should add "English (Official)" or "English (Booklet)" instead of just "English", or add this comment in the notes field.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:28 PM

I've got an identification question: in this video, which track on the OST is the very last track? I for the life of me can't find it, despite having listened to the soundtrack numerous times. =/
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It's "Moonless Starry Night", an arrangement from the very first Crystal Chronicles game.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks Zanasea; I knew it sounded extra familiar!
Old May 4, 2011, 06:02 AM

Looking at the back cover, Disc 1 Track 1 has an English addition of Moonlight Serenade, Disc 1 Track 18 has an English addition of ~Eastern Wildlands~, Disc 2 track 31 has an addition of Kuule tää unelmain.

Disc 1 Track 1, and Disc 2 Track 31, uses the addition as the title, but Disc 1 Track 18 it is left off, should this be the case?

Side note: Disc 1 Track 4, does it mention the Zu Ambush?
Old May 4, 2011, 06:19 AM

Well, those English track names are printed inside the booklet, not the back scan. Inconsistent as it may be, it's official, so I rejected your edits.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:05 PM

I do see that mistake, I have to mention though that Disc 1 Track 1 and 2 are both off.

Using the booklet scan you mentioned, Track 1 is Moonlight Shards and 2 is Crystal Bearer Ramble.

I assume track 4 English lacking the exclamation mark is a misprint.

Last edited by Fearin; May 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:03 PM

I bumped into the song Kuule tää unelmain in another thread. It caught my eye, because it's Finnish and means "Hear this dream of mine". What a beautiful piece, but too short!

I'm thinking I should listen to this album. Is it similar to the first Crystal Chronicles OST with an acoustic vibe?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:27 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hidenori Iwasaki and Ryo Yamazaki were true to the acoustic feel of the first FFCC soundtrack but they also brought more styles, some of which are really unusual for Final Fantasy games, like dixie jazz. Overall I think it's a very nice and fun soundtrack.

Regarding "Kuule tää unelmain", the lyrics are actually inspired by the Kalevala, as Hidenori Iwasaki explains in the booklet.