VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 12, 2018, 09:48 AM

I'd really love to get this album, but paying nearly $30 for 9 songs is kinda pricey :/
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:12 AM

Yeah, I would have bought all his music on Bandcamp if it weren't so costly. I think Hiroki Kikuta's stuff is also pricey on there. Maybe since in Japan it's not uncommon for single disc soundtracks to cost 2500 yen or so, they think their Bandcamp pricing is reasonable, or at least not exorbitant.

I'm guessing Nakano is doing 3000 yen for this because it's 24-bit/96 kHz, but A) that's still expensive compared to most Western releases in the format, and B) even accepting the presumption that 24-bit/96 kHz can sound better (which is a controversial statement, to say the least), given the age of these recordings I'll be very surprised if this isn't 16-bit/44.1 kHz that's been upsampled, which drastically undermines - if not negates - the whole premise of using it at all, let alone charging a premium for it.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 08:53 AM
Trusted Editor

Some new tracks were added to this album
Old Oct 14, 2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameshot233 View Post
Some new tracks were added to this album
That's because it's not this album anymore. Now the Bandcamp release is Volume 1 + 2 combined. Kind of a unique situation for digital albums that are later updated, where we have an entry in the database that essentially is rendered obsolete.

So the correct album is now this.

It seems the track "audition edit" from the first Volume was removed... unless it is comprised of the "new" (old) material from Volume 2.

This is actually an awesome surprise, thank you for commenting!! As I had already purchased Vol.1, I simply re-downloaded and got the additional 8 tracks.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:09 PM

Both volume 1 and 2 were released separately on iTunes:
https://music.apple.com/jp/album/unr...l-1/1482827186
https://music.apple.com/jp/album/unr...l-2/1482823554

"audition edit" was nothing but a sample track. It was added because Nakano disabled the ability for people to listen to each track fully without purchasing. Quite a few artists do this on Bandcamp.

Also: Dewprism 20th anniversary interview (In Japanese): https://www.penguinslabo.net/gmusic/dewprism20th/
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:59 PM
VGMdb Staff

I was able to pick up a CD copy off YJA last month. Nice to see he gave it a digital release - it's a really interesting album.

iTunes price is around half the price of Bandcamp so get it from there if you don't care about lossless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Kind of a unique situation for digital albums that are later updated, where we have an entry in the database that essentially is rendered obsolete.
Yeah, I wonder if this entry should be deactivated or just left as is.

Last edited by cal; Oct 14, 2019 at 04:03 PM.