VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:21 PM
VGMdb Staff

Why don't you follow the cover capitalization, Myrkul?

Yeah I know ppl prolly don't like caps (DEAD ISLAND: RIPTIDE original soundtrack), but what's on the cover/obi/spine is good, right? Never saw problems when that guideline is followed for a bunch of Japanese albums with all caps.

It's ok when the all caps can be avoided (like when the scan of spine maybe comes later and has 'normal' title case) so don't get me wrong.

I mean that's nothing new, seen it a long time ago: respecting the exact capitaization for JP albums (when the title is also printed somewhere using the alphabet of course) but for the non JP albums the exact title capitalization is nowhere to be found in many cases. So why are JP albums special that nobody ever sees a problem for all caps title? Why are non JP albums special so that it's totally fine to override the exact cover or spine title capitalization? Been wondering about that quite some time. What's the real, real "official" rule or nobody minds the duality? I, for one, would like to see many all caps JP albums 'converted' to normal title case.

Last edited by Efendija; Apr 30, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 02:39 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Yeah the guideline says we should follow the front/obi scan.

Who could say it's capitalized or not capitalized ?
The font from the title and the font used for "original soundtrack" are differents.

Maybe the booklet or back cover will solve this.