VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 14, 2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Yes, great thinking here (of course I missed it as well) thank you Angela!
This album is getting a 2 vinyl discs release as well.
Where did you find this info?! Any preorder links?

EDIT: I just saw the post in the website, is this going to be exclusive to the Square Enix e-store? I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks, any chance I can pickup this in person?

Last edited by Jotamide; Oct 14, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniros View Post
Where did you find this info?! Any preorder links?

EDIT: I just saw the post in the website, is this going to be exclusive to the Square Enix e-store? I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks, any chance I can pickup this in person?
it's a Square Enix JP e-Store exclusive, so no you won't be able to pick this up new in a regular store.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
it's a Square Enix JP e-Store exclusive, so no you won't be able to pick this up new in a regular store.
Not to mention that it releases in December. Damn it!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Huh. Could it really have gotten corrupted since early this morning? =/ Believe me, though, I have no malicious intents.

I'll throw up an alternate MEGA link just to be on the safe side:

https://mega.nz/#!X0YihBaC!7QTpVvxGM...D86vfrYQcESzL8
Chrome did the same for me, but I told Chrome I was the one in charge and to give it to me, DANGIT! ;-). The RAR file extracted just fine for me and the world did not blow up, though my heart exploded with joy over more Chrono music!

Thanks for sharing this Angela, much appreciated!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 09:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Full packaging scans added. Notes:

1) it's a digipack album. Liner notes held in the left, CD held in the right. The CD is encased in a little plastic sleeve that's rounded on one edge, squared on the other.

2) a little ad is included in the liner notes for the vinyl version of this album. Just in case you bought the CD and thought "heck, I'd like to own it twice."

3a) the liner notes book is no book at all. It's a huge poster fold-out. Side 1 (blue side) is your textual liner notes ... Japanese & English commentary from Mitsuda-san about Kid and Schala (really good!), as well as all English and Japanese lyrics. Side 2 (dark side) has the album title and some faded art.
3b) I had to scan these "posters" because of their huge size (2x4 paneling of a standard booklet) in 3 parts per side ... you can usually identify where the overlap takes place. It is clearest on side 2 on the right, because there's an enormous difference in coloration. Sorry! It's the best I could do!

4) as always, sorry for the dust in my scans.

Last edited by Ramza; Nov 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 09:04 AM

The title of this should be "Faraway Times" not "Far Away Times." Faraway is for when it precedes the noun it modifies, and Far Away is for when it follows the noun it modifies (e.g. "The station is far away" vs. "That's a faraway station"). I elect that the title be changed to conform to correct English grammar rules.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 09:31 AM

the title won't be changed since the english translation used comes from the official english tracklist
thank you for the grammar lesson (even if it was useless)

btw, nobody never told you red font is ugly?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 09:32 AM
VGMdb Staff

We're not correcting Square Enix and there's no vote on this matter, thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 09:41 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
Quoted for truth.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:54 AM

The title of the album in Japanese doesn't correspond to grammatical norms, either. Just sayin. ;0
Old Nov 9, 2015, 05:20 PM

Cool

Could someone please post the lyrics? Maybe I'm stupid. I cannot get the scans on the entry page of the album to open to more than a thumbnail.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 07:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Cytota, so long as you're logged in to the forums when you're on the page you should be able to see full images. I'd rather not type out all the lyrics... but if someone else wants to, have at it!

Also -- and I just mentioned this to my friends -- anyone who (like me) was really miffed about the lack of "Star-Stealing Girl" being on this album ... check out the 20 second instrumental from 2:40 to 3:00 in Schala's Theme. That'd be the perfect place to put it too. I love the inter-weaving of CT and CC themes.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
the title won't be changed since the english translation used comes from the official english tracklist
thank you for the grammar lesson (even if it was useless)

Thank you for your own useless input--I'll make sure to keep using it.

Moving on, I sure hope this isn't the last Chrono Cross Arrange album Mitsuda releases. Some of the tracks like Marbule were fantastic and just left me wanting more; I'd love to see him arrange Termina Another or Voyage Home World next, even though I'm not sure how much better those tracks could get.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ultimate Mario Fan View Post
Thank you for your own useless input--I'll make sure to keep using it.

oh, I hurt your feelings because I said your red font is a pain for eyes
I removed the red from the quote (I hope you won't kill yourself because of that, or not ;p)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 01:18 AM

Default Square Enix EU release?

Does anybody know whether the one being sold on the SE EU site is different (packaging-wise) from the regular japanese print?

It has a different catalog number, so shouldn't this then also be added as a separate entry?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ultimate Mario Fan View Post
Moving on, I sure hope this isn't the last Chrono Cross Arrange album Mitsuda releases. Some of the tracks like Marbule were fantastic
Perhaps, Creid and Xenogears are my favorite Mitsuda composed and after chrono cross. But this Millennial Fair arrange, look 17 years late remix album. Creid keep magic balto, creid mermaid and more, here only Marbule give nostagic sensation, but no magic. Mitsuda have missing ultime chrono cross arrange, it's a time finish for me, time of nostalgic now.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 02:40 AM

This album was added on Spotify but it lacks the two tracks sung by Sarah Àlainn... (probably a rights problem with Universal?)