VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 21, 2010, 07:55 AM

Where are the composition credits from this album from? I'd be very surprised if anything from Ben Daglish's Amiga port is here...
Old May 21, 2010, 08:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

That's why i did not link artists for this entry..

Track 12 is from the "US Version" of the arcade game.
I know Ben Daglish re-composed the music for the majority of the ports (amiga, atari, c64, msx...), but then i am unsure if he did the Arcade music.

If someone have the correct credit for that particular track, let us know.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:20 AM

I guess possible that someone from the US arranged an exclusive composition Daglish made for the home computer versions. However, I very much doubt that Ben worked on the Arcade version directly, since he is based in the UK and has pretty much exclusively worked with home computers. Most likely this can be resolved by buying the album, since Namco Sounds' composer tags can be quite informative. Maybe I will.
Old May 21, 2010, 02:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Most likely this can be resolved by buying the album, since Namco Sounds' composer tags can be quite informative.
You can view the tags of any track in the store, so you don't even have to buy them to get the information (I don't). I added all the info for this album.

I suspect Toshio Kai didn't have any involvement in the music for this game, and so all of those tracks he's co-credited on should be composed by Toshio Kai and arranged by the other person, but all the composer tags say are "NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、小沢純子)," so it's not explicitly stated.
Old May 21, 2010, 03:13 PM

That's interesting. How do you view them? I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Old May 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

EDIT: For reference, these screenshots are from the Mac version of iTunes 8.2. The same options are available in iTunes 6 and 7. I've never used 9, so if they changed the store interface, I can't help you out.

A couple of ways. You can select a track and do File > Get Info, like you can with tracks in your library:

But you can't select text from this dialog for store tunes, and you can only see one track at a time this way, so I changed the view options (from the View Options menu item; this has moved around so I can't tell you where it is in the latest version) so the composer field shows up in the tracklist:

And from there you can just select one or more tracks and copy the text:

GAME START 0:06 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫)
BLOCK TOWN 3:04 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:戸室仁人)
COFFEE BREAK 1 0:14 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、小沢純子)
PACMAN’S PARK 2:36 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、戸室仁人)
COFFEE BREAK 2 0:10 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、慶野由利子)
SANDBOX LAND 1:31 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:戸室仁人)
COFFEE BREAK 3 0:13 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、慶野由利子)
JUNGLY STEPS 1:57 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:慶野由利子)
ALL CLEAR 0:10 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、慶野由利子)
CONGRATULATIONS 0:41 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:慶野由利子)
GAME OVER 0:04 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、小沢純子)
NAME ENTRY(U.S.Version) 1:22 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:小沢純子)
GAME PLAY 5:20 Namco Sounds ¥150 NBGI(担当:甲斐敏夫、慶野由利子、戸室仁人、小沢純子)

Last edited by CHz; May 21, 2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks so much for the useful guide, CHz! Unfortunately, my version of iTunes (iTunes 9 for Windows 7) doesn't seem to enable viewing file info and changing file options in the store, just the bought albums library. I'll see if I can find a way to fix it.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

NOTE: iTunes 8 isn't able to access the store any more, so you pretty much have to do it this way.

Yeah, Myrkul sent me a PM, and it turns out that they radically redesigned the store for iTunes 9, so it's a lot harder to get at that info. I did some searching on the interbutts, and there are quite a few people whom this change ticked off. You can still get the info, but it's a complete pain and I'd recommend just finding an older version of iTunes. But if you can't, here's what to do:

Pull up the album and find the genre and artist(s) for it. The genre is on the left, below the album cover. I think it'll probably be "Soundtrack" in all cases, but check to make sure. The artist(s) should be in that top nav bar.

You can also click the "View Songs Available for Individual Purchase" button to view another listing that'll have the artist as a column.

Once you have those, select the View > Column Browser > Show Column Browser menu item. Now's the fun part!

Select "Music," then the genre ("Soundtrack" probably), then "All," then the artist, then finally the album:

Once you've managed to find the album in this listing, you can then do the things from my last post: File > Get Info or View > View Options... to show the composer field.

So, in conclusion: use an older version if you can.

Last edited by CHz; Nov 29, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:42 PM

Hi CHz. Thanks for the very clear guide! That works fine now and, though it's a bit long-winded, it's about acceptable to find basic information. Cheers!!
Old May 14, 2016, 08:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Where did the arranger credits come frome: Yoshito Tomuro, Yuriko Keino, Junko Ozawa?
Old May 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

The three of them rearranged Toshio Kai's original compositions, so I added them as arrangers.