VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 21, 2015, 08:51 AM

According to Play-Asia's back cover scan, Kadokawa doesn't think this was published or distributed by Media Factory...
http://www.play-asia.com/super-ultra...tro-/13/7095m9
Old Nov 21, 2015, 09:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Uh ... do they use a generic KADOKAWA label now instead of KADOKAWA Media Factory they used up until now? I think this is the first time I've seen a ZMCZ released without media factory mentioned.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 21, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:06 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Uh ... do they use a generic KADOKAWA label now instead of KADOKAWA Media Factory they used up until now? I think this is the first time I've seen a ZMCZ released without media factory mentioned.
It looks that way. I checked a couple other recent albums and, even as a distributor, Media Factory is no longer being printed.

Looks like it happened some time between June and August.

Edit: On these Overlord CDs printed in late August, the Media Factory logo is still present but the publisher/distributor is printed as KADOKAWA alone. I guess they removed the logo shortly after.

Last edited by cal; Nov 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I see. Any idea if this applies to 5pb albums (FVCG) as well? Couldn't really find any recent scan of those.

EDIT: So let me see if I get this right ... Kadokawa Group Holdings was renamed to Kadokawa Corporation on june 22 2013, and on october 1 2014 it merged with Dwango to form Kadokawa Dwango Corporation, but both companies are still existing as subsidiaries of that. On april 1 2015 they also changed their internal companies (but kept them as brands) so I think that's when they stopped using Media Factory even though they kept using it for a while?
I guess we can rename kadokawa holdings to kadokawa corporation and use that entry for these.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 22, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 01:39 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yes, Kadokawa is printed as the distributor on 5pb albums too.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 03:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Ok I renamed the entry and switched over most of the releases made after this summer.

There's probably more stuff that needs to be switched as well, but not necessarily everything. For example see this released in september still as Media Factory, or this released at the end of August still distributed by Media Factory.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 22, 2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 06:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

Might be because those bluray releases started before the change and Kadokawa is just keeping consistency. I imagine it will be different for series that started after a certain point.