VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 1, 2020, 05:45 AM

So what's on the blu-ray? Videos or higher fidelity versions?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 01:49 AM

So is this one just a more full version of the "Full Soundtrack?"
Old Jul 10, 2020, 07:07 PM

Pretty much yeah, it's the definitive soundtrack for P3D/P5D.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 07:48 PM

I don't mean to double post, but I've added track credits for the Persona Show Case Musical Songs on disc seven based on the youtube videos (7.01, 7.09, 7.19) and other sources you can find online crediting Mari Nishide, Lotus Juice and MoeMi, but I'm wondering if Mari Nishide should also be credited as the arranger for these tracks even though it isn't directly stated anywhere. I think it'd be safe to assume, but I'm curious as to what other people might think. 7.01 and 7.19 each contain arrangements of Meguro's songs, most likely by Mari Nishide.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Jul 31, 2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJustDontKnowAnymore View Post
I think it'd be safe to assume, but I'm curious as to what other people might think. 7.01 and 7.19 each contain arrangements of Meguro's songs, most likely by Mari Nishide.
What track were you referring to by "7.19"? "Curtain Call" or "Place of My Heart"?

The booklet of PSS2019 credits only one composer for "Place of My Heart", and it's Mari Nishide. It wouldn't surprise me if that album's booklet is wrong, though.

Last edited by winterberry; Jun 7, 2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterberry View Post
What track were you referring to by "7.19"? "Curtain Call" or "Place of My Heart"?

Only Mari Nishide is credited as the composer of "Place of My Heart" on PSS2019's booklet (see page #35).

This reminds me of how both Ryota Kozuka and Shoji Meguro are credited as the composers of "Dance!", but when it comes to the credits of "Dance! -Long Mix-", Shoji is nowhere to be found.
I was referring to Place of My Heart by 7.19, I'm pretty sure at the time "Curtain Call" wasn't on the tracklist, so that's where that came from. Not only do the youtube videos I link credit both Meguro and Nishide in the description, that were provided by the publisher, but the booklet also corroborates this by listing both Nishide and Meguro as the composers, while also crediting Nishide as the arranger. I'm not too sure why they omit Meguro as a composer on the PSS2019 release as at the beginning of Place of My Heart on that release has an arrangement of Wiping All Out from P3P, but I guess it's just an inconsistency like the other one you pointed out.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; Jun 7, 2021 at 12:30 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 07:26 PM

Is the arranger of track 1-10 not credited on the booklet? It should be Shoji Meguro, right?

Also, track 7-20 is "Battle Hymn of the Soul", and that wasn't composed by Mari Nishide. Shouldn't she be credited as one of the composers of "Place of My Heart" instead?
Old Jun 7, 2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterberry View Post
Is the arranger of track 1-10 not credited on the booklet? It should be Shoji Meguro, right?

Also, track 7-20 is "Battle Hymn of the Soul", and that wasn't composed by Mari Nishide. Shouldn't she be credited as one of the composers of "Place of My Heart" instead?
1-10 doesn't have an arranger credited, just the composer, lyricist and vocals. I don't know where my mind is, I meant 7.18, not 7.20 for Mari Nishide.