VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:03 PM

Looks like Ragnarok Online is getting a Lantis release. This time, 5 discs as opposed to the 2 disc Digicube release:

http://www.gmronline.com/info.asp?CatNumber=LACA-9163~7
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :3
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:32 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Oh darn! I just bought the DigiCube release. Should be interesting anyways. I hope that they do a remastering of the track like what was done for The Memory of Ragnarok, they were noticeably better in quality.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:46 PM

It's awesome!

Last edited by D!zzy; Mar 27, 2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:52 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Could this finally be the complete soundtrack? I've still been hanging onto the gamerip for the longest time. Maybe I'll finally be able to hear "Retro Metro" on a soundtrack.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 08:17 PM

I haven't been keeping up with the game recently, but I'd say there's probably a good 140+ tracks in the game with all of the updates. Quite surprised this MMORPG is still going strong though with the sequel already out.

I'd rather listen to a CD quality album than the 96kbps bitrate mp3s included with the game's install + updates.

Last edited by cstrife0777; Jun 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 01:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

132 actually /ok
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:16 AM

Is there a chance that a soundtrack with all BGMs comes out? The old Soundtracks are rather incomplete. :\
I play RO since euRO beginning and love the BGM. Though, the quality of the BGM files is horrible. I so much wish for a lossless BGM replacement. *sigh*
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:27 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

The most complete that you're going to get is Ragnarok Online Complete Soundtrack. All of the songs from the DigiCube release are on this one as well as newer songs with better quality. If you want to hear some of the older songs remixed and remastered with noticeably better sound quality, then you check out also The Memory of Ragnarok.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.

Last edited by KeyLogic; Dec 9, 2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:30 AM

Ah, thank you. I didn't noticed that one. Helped me a lot.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I found some print on JPOPHelp.com where a cover has "Present Disc" printed on it (the back scan). It has the same barcode and catalog number, though...

http://www.jpophelp.com/scripts/news...090&showname=1
http://www.jpophelp.com/cdscans/JPN-SSCX-10090_back.jpg

Not sure if's a different print. Perhaps it's just a first print-release?

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:37 PM

Huh, that's a totally different back. The notes section in this entry mentions the bonus CD-ROM... can anyone who owns this soundtrack clarify how (or even if) this bonus disc was included in the packaging?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, the CD-ROM comes in a 'cd-single' case and fits next to the soundtrack, within the obi and slipcover as seen in the jpophelp images. It's the same kind of packaging as the Sword of Mana Premium Soundtrack had.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:37 AM

Wow, this soundtrack has a lot of quality songs. I'm impressed. Never really listened to soundTeMP before and was finally curious as to what all the love was about. Well, I can definitely see what it's all about I'd list my favorites, but I would probably end up listing a good third of the soundtrack. I guess Everlasting Wanderers, Ancient Groover, and Out of Curiosity are particularly amazing though.

Yeah, this is a good soundtrack. I'll have to check out the 5-CD Lantis release sometime.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:07 PM

Better late than never (if there's such a concept as lateness in VGM enthusiasm). I remember I actually hated this on the first listen. With the average track length being about 2 minutes, I was just overwhelmed - not to mention the abstract, subtle nature of many tracks. But I was drawn to it more and more and gradually realised it's true beauty, oh what a process that was. Almost every track tells it's own story, and I've never even seen RO being played, so that's something special. It's a bit like Soukaigi in that regard - well, for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
I'll have to check out the 5-CD Lantis release sometime.
I envy your current brain state.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:57 AM

Wow, I totally didn't even realize that you responded to me. I somehow missed this. I feel rude, like I ignored you But better late than never, right?!

Anyway, yeah, that kind of thing is why I make it a point to listen to everything more than once (I try to do 3 times, sometimes I do even more). Ragnarok Online I liked on the first listen, but the subsequent plays opened my heart to a few more tracks I hadn't quite caught the beauty of the first time, and I'm glad because now they're worthy additions to my playlist. It's worth it to give something another go

Also I find this funny, you made a reference to my hate for Soukaigi. I actually found this reply when searching for the amount of times I'd referenced Soukaigi since I'd raged about it, which according to LiquidAcid and some NaotoM guy was
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
in every single thread
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaotaM View Post
everywhere, no matter the context
even though it was only twice (and only once negatively, I only mentioned Soukaigi generally one of the times). I find it funny that you actually mentioned my Soukaigi post half as many times as me just with that one reference. Ah, the joys of dealing with overexaggerating butthurt fanboys on the internet

Fun fact: I still haven't checked out the big Lantis release. So much VGM, so little time...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Wow, I totally didn't even realize that you responded to me. I somehow missed this. I feel rude, like I ignored you But better late than never, right?!
You needn't sir, I didn't say anything that needed a direct response anyway.
Quote:
I find it funny that you actually mentioned my Soukaigi post half as many times as me just with that one reference
If you're counting, I also kinda brought it up in Kikuta's thread, just because I was aware of the conversation at the time and came across Kikky's thread and thought I'd bring it up in a lightly humorous manner.
Quote:
So much VGM, so little time...
Ah, probably the single maxim that has had the most impact on how I live and enjoy life.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
So much VGM, so little time...
Tell me about it. I've been going through a soundtrack everyday or two during my lunch break for the past couple of months to catch up on my backlog. The Ragnarok series is in there, too.

Last edited by strugglepoo; Nov 6, 2012 at 08:11 PM.