VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Default God of War: Blood & Metal

Not a reprint of the previous entry since Sony added one more track for the ones that bought the various collector's editions..

It's still a Digital release only.
Track 07 is a Parody i understand.

I also never played any GoW game.. are all the songs on the EP really in the game?
edit: seems like this version did not come with a digital booklet.

Last edited by Myrkul; Mar 28, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:14 PM

Don't believe these songs are in the game, they're just promo tracks to promote the game + artists, I guess.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SEMO View Post
Don't believe these songs are in the game, they're just promo tracks to promote the game + artists, I guess.
I don't believe they are, this is one of those "music inspired by" things even though these tracks existed before the game. The lyrics (save for the Dream Theater track) have words that relate to the game (gods, battles, etc, etc... just look at the pics) I'd barely call it a VGM release - if at all.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 01:06 AM

I have to say.. there's some pretty awful lyrics.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SEMO View Post
I have to say.. there's some pretty awful lyrics.
Well, I don't know if I'd call them horrible, I'd say stereotypical. Metal, like any kind of music, usually sticks to a formula. Heavy Metal is rife with "cheese" and the more you hear it, the less you think about it and enjoy it for what it is. Also, despite it's popularity, country music is no better... and far more annoying in this respect IMO. The fact that nearly every song has to have some reference to a particular deity despite the fact it has nothing to do with the song....

Still, there are some songwriters and bands that can crush this kind of stuff. Sonata Arctica's singer Tony Kakko can write lyrical circles around what's on here.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:23 PM

Can't say I'm a fan of country either.