VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:57 AM

Can't read some of track titles, the picture is just too small. Words in boldface are title I am not certain.

Spoiler:
Piano School
Fast And Loose
Vibration
Ensemble Fighter
Metal Ruled
Danger Danger
Rest Of Thrash
Songs of Denger
Steel Attack
Savage
Fire And Wind
Lotus Power
Flower of Angel
Symphonic Razor
Falling Angel
Croly Of Darkness
Tools King
Sounds Of Sun
Street Fire
Never Mind
King Of Ghost
Spread Turn
Changing Reality
Killer Is Done
Stage Fire
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I agree, that picture is just the tiniest bit too small for me to be sure about some of the titles too.

Quote:
7. Best Of Thrash
8. Songs Of Denger (looks correct)
16. Groly Of Darlness (Supposed to be "Glory of Darkness" maybe??)
19. Street Fire (looks correct)
25. Stage Fire (looks correct)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:09 PM

Looks like catalog number will be: J4S 00000
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 PM

As far as I'm aware, Yamaoka is not doing the music for this game. He's just supervising it (wonder what else he's working on... must be something big to pass up on this).

Does anyone have confirmation anywhere that he's working on it, or did they throw his name on this just because it's Grasshopper? I was told by Yamaoka through PR what I noted above (supervisor, not composer).

Last edited by Arcubalis; Jun 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
As far as I'm aware, Yamaoka is not doing the music for this game. He's just supervising it (wonder what else he's working on... must be something big to pass up on this).

Does anyone have confirmation anywhere that he's working on it, or did they throw his name on this just because it's Grasshopper? I was told by Yamaoka through PR what I noted above (supervisor, not composer).
In an interview, Goichi Suda says:

ON THE SOUNDTRACK

“In the very beginning I explained what the concept of this game is about and what I’m trying to do within the game. After that we came up with a few ideas of what to do, and did some idea exchanges. But other than that I just threw the whole thing at Akira Yamaoka. At this time he’s still working in the Tokyo office, still chugging away.”

Meytal Cohen (who works with Akira in Revolución single) has said that she will playing drums in songs for K.I.D's soundtrack.

I'm not sure, but I think, Akira Yamaoka is actually the only composer in Grasshopper Manufacture. He is definitely the composer of Killer Is Dead.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:05 PM

I think that leaves it open to be he threw it at Yamaoka who supervised the bands who worked on it, like NMH2. Doesn't mean he wrote any of the music. The fact that he said he didn't compose but supervised is better evidence then Suda not mentioning composition at all.

I'll double check though.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:07 PM

And yes, he is the only composer there. But it sounds like they had bands do the music (which would coincide with your drummer comment too).
Old Jul 1, 2013, 04:49 PM

Okay, so they changed their mind and he did, in fact, create some music for the game. Definitely more excited about this one now.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:28 AM

then, he has composed for KILLER IS DEAD?

I had read a lot of news and all mentioned Akira Yamaoka as the composer of the full soundtrack.

http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mus...KILLER_IS_DEAD
Old Aug 17, 2013, 06:46 AM

Pressed In Singapore
Pressed In Taiwan
Is there any good reason to put that on the notes section?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 07:36 AM
Trusted Editor

Where else would you put it?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:43 AM

I guess he's questioning whether such info is worth mentioning or not.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:43 PM
Trusted Editor

Hi,

Japanese PS3 Premium Edition which has DLC album version has "correctly spelled" names for tracks 8 "Songs Of Danger" and 16 "Glory Of Darkness".

See picture below for reference:

http://kawakawakun.files.wordpress.c...3/10/kid26.jpg from this article (in French)

In that case, shouldn't we change album info and add notes that CD pressings of this game have printing errors, which is sadly sometimes common in Japan (it's been 28 years that all pressings of TM Network 2nd album Childhood's End list track 3 as "Faire la vise" instead of "Faire la bise" (French language for "cheek kiss" but misspelling make it read like "aim/point a weapon" )

From what I've seen here is that submitters don't correct misspellings. I can understand that but there is obvious cases like this one where you can smell "Engrish"

Regards,

Daemonskald
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
VGMdb Staff

If the titles are officially corrected, we'll make the change. If they aren't, we won't, no matter how obvious the mistake is. Simple as that.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:59 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
If the titles are officially corrected, we'll make the change. If they aren't, we won't, no matter how obvious the mistake is. Simple as that.
Corrected by who? And where? If you talk about the physical copies of CDs (JP/NA/EU), they'll never be. Unless maybe they release a proper Soundtrack CD on the market.

But this digital copy shows that the physical copies are wrong... for an unknown reason So can add a footnote about that, no?

On my computer, I already made the change for my flac

Regards,

Daemonskald
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

In the case of physical releases, what's printed should stay for specific album/regional release. If later printings of the same album have corrections, change can be made e.g. (from post 10)
http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9145

And it's pretty clear who should make an official correction - official party and not us.

About this one, I guess you can add a footnote about the digital version corrections. (if nobody has objections or a better idea)

Last edited by Efendija; Nov 30, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
VGMdb Staff

Oh yeah, we don't actually know how it's printed on the final product, do we? All we have for this JP version is a placeholder image? Because in the US printing, you can see the corrections on the scans:
http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=178582
Old Dec 1, 2013, 06:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
In the case of physical releases, what's printed should stay for specific album/regional release. If later printings of the same album have corrections, change can be made e.g. (from post 10)
http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9145

And it's pretty clear who should make an official correction - official party and not us.

About this one, I guess you can add a footnote about the digital version corrections. (if nobody has objections or a better idea)
Ok, thanks a lot for clarifying the situation.

So digital copy should be treated as separate release, thus no change on track names here for physical copy. I got it now .

I'm pretty new here, well as registered member that is, so should I add footnote with or without link above for reference?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 04:02 AM
Trusted Editor

Did Yamaoka actually write music for the game? The game lists a bunch of composers, but Yamaoka is only credited as a music director.