VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 28, 2023, 07:22 AM

This is just a little guesstimate as to who arranged which tracks in the Kiwami remake, out of the four new boss remixes. I believe these are just fan names, but the original titles are in parentheses. I genuinely do not believe any of the original composers came back to rearrange their own tracks, because they sound too different from what they usually do.

- Psuedo Fight (Affected fight - Yakuza 5) Original Composer: Mitsuharu Fukuyama
I believe this is Rintaro Soma. He was added in the credits and confirmed on twitter he worked on the game while celebrating the release of LAD Gaiden, which he also worked on. This is the only track I can think of he possibly worked on, since it's the most similar to what he usually does.

- Collisions of Our Sword (Collisions of Our Souls - Yakuza 5) Original Composer: Hyd Lunch [Yasuyuki Matsuzaki & Hiroaki Watanabe]
This one is a bit tricky. I was thinking possibly Keitaro Hanada at first, before changing to Chihiro Aoki. But now I think it's Saori Yoshida. The way the drum beat and guitar sounds resemble her modern style relatively well. It's the one arrangement that sounds the absolute most like the stuff you'd hear from the games released 2016-2020-ish.

- Eternal Fire (Massive Fire - Yakuza 5) Original Composer: Yuichi Kanatani
Like Rintaro Soma, the credits of Kiwami added Kenichi Tokoi. The key reason why I believe it's Tokoi is because of the very distinct bass sound. He has a tendency to put heavy emphasis on it, and it doesn't sound too different from the stuff he's done for Sonic.

- Soar (Fly - Yakuza 3) Original Composer: Hidenori Shoji
If Collisions is not Keitaro Hanada, then this one probably is. That heavy guitar and drum sound, along with the tempo of the drums doesn't sound too different from the stuff he had already done in the original game's soundtrack, along with his new stuff in LAD Gaiden, especially the chorus, which makes me think of Deadly Struggle.

As mentioned, these are all just guesses. If there's any input, I'm all open ears. It's just a shame we haven't received a soundtrack release of this version of the game, and due to the few amount of songs, I have my doubts we'll get one anytime soon.

Last edited by Mortsyn; Dec 28, 2023 at 07:40 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:40 AM

I was thinking the four new remixes were done by Kenichi Tokoi, Junpei Mishima, Yasuyuki Nagata and Rintaro Soma? They're placed first in the credits, and apart from moving Aoki and adding them there, this is the same row from the OG game. My thoughts are as follows:

Pseudo Fight: Rintaro Soma
Collisions of Our Swords: Yasuyuki Nagata
Eternal Fire: Kenichi Tokoi
Soar: Junpei Mishima

But your guesses are pretty well-thought. I didn't use the newer games as reference but Soma and Tokoi's tracks are easy to spot for sure.