VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:45 PM
Trusted Editor

Just noting that Miku Hatsune is not a real person.
Wikipedia article.
However, it would be a bit out of place to give Saki Fujita credit to all Miku Hatsune songs.
Maybe it can just be made clear enough by providing the link to her website.

edit: Oh, I think I missed the link to the english Vocaloid website there. That's fine, too.

Last edited by Teioh; Jan 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 02:02 PM

It's good that you've mentioned it. I wanted to write and explanation by myself, but I'm currently busy with all these C73 doujins.
Since she's involved in so many doujins, it should be okay to give her an own spot in the artist database. She's already an virtual idol in japan.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Does any one actually like this stuff? I find the transitions between words to be kind of weird and uneven, probably because it's generated from samples. Overall, the end-product is soooo annoying, yet there seems to be an endless stream of 'her' albums this year.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:47 AM

It's okay... I listen to it from time to time. Her voice is quite cute. I believe it's meant to sound like an android girl. To be honest... I'd never be able to listen it non stop. It starts to annoy me after a while.
Japanese people treat her like a "virtual idol". There's already so much fan art. It's comparable with the Touhou universe. It started with a basis made by ZUN, and the community created everything around it. This principle is making it even more addictive for the "otaku community". The possibility of self-creation.
Miku Hatsune is/was a good way for doujin music artist to have a vocal for their doujin albums. It's luxury to have a singer in doujins, because the good singers will only go to the well-known doujin music labels. That's why we had a lot of vocaloid doujins on C73.
Anyway... I believe she'll be forgotten or replaced by a another vocaloid software, once people got enough of it.

Last edited by Gaia; Jan 9, 2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:25 AM

I for one like Miku-Miku. ^^ (Miku-Miku, Miku-chan, Miku-tan...I could go on with pet nicknames for a whole post.) Some of her songs are great examples of original work, such as Melt and ESPECIALLY Black Rock Shooter. That last one is a whole franchise unto itself now!
Old May 20, 2011, 10:45 PM

how can a synthesized voice (result of a program) be an arranger and a lyricist?
Old May 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The lyricist credit was just a mistake; lyrics for ⑨ -maruQ- were by Linjin & Kabayaki Unagi.

As for TYPE-R 3rd -Side Key-, the official website really does credit Miku Hatsune solely for track 11. For obvious reasons, that's either a joke or a typo.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:09 PM

I can't bring a definitive source to here, but it appears she has the family-name-first English name (Hatsune Miku, not Miku Hatsune). If that's the case, we should fix tons of entries.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:56 PM

Happy 5th "birthday" (anniversary of release) Miku-chan!

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Oct 8, 2020, 09:00 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

On this album: https://vgmdb.net/album/104779

There are two variations of Miku Hatsune credited for vocals, "Miku Hatsune Append" and "Miku Hatsune dark".

Should we add those as variations to this main entry, or create separate entries for them?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
On this album: https://vgmdb.net/album/104779

There are two variations of Miku Hatsune credited for vocals, "Miku Hatsune Append" and "Miku Hatsune dark".

Should we add those as variations to this main entry, or create separate entries for them?
At vocadb.net they separate the appends: https://vocadb.net/Al/1109

When I am tagging albums with vocaloids that use different libraries, such as appends or power or sweet, or whatever, I just keep the original names and ignore the variations. Once I saw how many variations there are for each vocaloid, I realized it would add quite a bit of time to keep it all consistent.