VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 23, 2015, 01:26 AM

In case anyone is wondering, the musicians info of this album is taken from here. I guess sources are needed for the romanization of some artists (only the ones not discussed before):

佐々木周 (Electric Bass) = Makoto Sasaki
The only artist credited on this album who I haven't found a reliable source for his romanization. This page offers evidence that a certain person romanized as "Makoto Sasaki", who is credited on different albums as 佐々木周, 佐々木まこと and 佐々木誠, was an arranger for several 80's albums of Shinji Tanimura. This album credits (released in 1982), in which a certain 佐々木まこと is credited for bass playing, is the best evidence of this artist romanization. Solved because of this, another S. Yokoyama album on which a bassist whose romanized name is Makoto Sasaki is credited as part of the Rhythm section.

木藤義一 (Piano) = Yoshikazu Kidou
Sources like this or this (romanization written in the album cover) are enough proof to confirm it.

小野寺猛士 (Latin Percussion) = Takeshi Onodera
Drillspin profile and this album confirms his romanization.

佐野正明 (Sax) = Masaaki Sano
Drillspin profile and this album credits (there are many other albums credits confirming this) provide the same romanization of this artist.

吉井雅子 (Violin) = Masako Yoshii
This profile and the mpn site give the same romanization of her name.

I'd like to point out that is very likely that the violinist named Michiko Uchida/内田道子 (also credited on this album) is the maiden name of Michiko Miyauchi, a violinist of the Akira Uchida Group, and probably has some kind of kinship with Akira Uchida.

Last edited by isdapi; Aug 14, 2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
I'd like to point out that is very likely that the violinist named Michiko Uchida/内田道子 (also credited on this album) is the maiden name of Michiko Miyauchi, a violinist of the Akira Uchida Group, and probably has some kind of kinship with Akira Uchida.
Taking everything into account and the fact that Akira Uchida and Michiko Miyauchi have a violin school, I think you're 100% right.