VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:31 AM

NOTE: These are UNOFFICIAL [Bold = Confirmed, Italics = Implied]

Assumptions:
Yuko Komiyama: Theme of "Rockman X8", Noah's Park, Intrusion Crabz-Y, VS Maverick, Troia Base (Both), Primrose, Pitch Black (Both), Inferno (Both), Central White, Metal Valley (Both), Booster Forest (Both), VS Boss Demo, VS 8Boss, Angry 8Boss, Jakob, VS VAVA, Gateway (Both), Sigma Palace, VS Sigma Demo, VS Sigma, VS Lumine~The first form, VS Lumine Demo, VS Lumine~The second form, Paradise Lost, Intermission, Dr. Light's Capsule, Title, Hunter Base~Going to the front, Hunter Base~Doubt, Hunter Base~Wickedness, Stage Start, Stage Clear, Weapon Get, Result, Menu, Save & Load, Option, Demo~Deepening mystery, Demo~Sorrow, Demo~Perplexity, Demo~Advancement, Demo~With The Hunter Base, Ending

VS 8Boss Demo [not on OST], Hunter Base~Intermission [not on OST], Demo Clear [unused], Opening, Appearance of Lumine, Appearance of VAVA, Appearance of Sigma, Betrayal, Oncoming Generation, Problem, Fate to fight

Akemi Kimura (Naoto Tanaka): VS CopySigma

Shinya Okada: Dynasty

Yuko: Techno; piano; organ; choir; violin; light guitar (Ambient)
Akemi: Awesome guitar. That is all. (Action)

*Central White contains similar-sounding bit from "Just Before Red~Palace Road Stage"
*Movie scene music would naturally fall to the director, so I guess "VS Sigma" [the version also used in "Appearance of Sigma"] is Yuko's arrangement of Naoto's composition?
*Opening relates to Jakob, as a part of the latter is in the former
*Lumine's movie scenes (Appearance of Lumine, Betrayal, and Oncoming Generation [the first two being nearly identical]) relate to all of his in-game themes (VS Lumine~The first form, VS Lumine Demo, VS Lumine~The second form, and Paradise Lost)
*Intrusion Crabz-Y contains similar-sounding bit found in "VS VAVA" and "Appearance of VAVA" (movie scene)

Also, anyone else but me find it really odd that they use the terms Maverick and Dr. Light here despite Vava being the same.
(OK, Dr. Light was used in the signature at the very end of the game, but Maverick?)

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Dec 12, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Also, anyone else but me find it really odd that they use the terms Maverick and Dr. Light here despite Vava being the same.
Yeah, you'd think it be Irregular....

Still, X8 as a game left me very angry... you're going to leave the series off with a cliff hanger like that? Urgh! At least we got some more awesome NT action out of it.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:06 PM

Lookie what I found...

http://chudahs-corner.com/img/cover/...10115_back.jpg (from Chudah's Corner)

EDIT (02/20): Also, the album's official Suleputer page
http://suleputer.capcom.co.jp/sulepu...cpca10115.html

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 20, 2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Lookie what I found...

http://chudahs-corner.com/img/cover/...10115_back.jpg (from Chudah's Corner)
Actually, that scan is from my copy of the soundtrack. I was on CC's staff back before it closed.

That being said, you'd think I would have noticed the term inconsistancies a few years back.

Last edited by Brad Evans; Feb 18, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:33 AM

/fixed the track names to what they're supposed to be.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SEMO View Post
/fixed the track names to what they're supposed to be.
Ugh, not to be a pill, but I thought the tracklistings were suppose to contain any and all misspellings as they appear on the album and the notes section was to used to clear them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
No. No. NO

I know you're trying to be helpful, but that isn't how we do it here. I know it's mostly our fault for not having this type of thing explicitly stated anywhere, but we go by exactly what's on the scans. Spelling errors, Engrish, and all. The notes field is used to add info about how certain track titles are misspelled on the album's official tracklist.

Perhaps when Blah and SS implement the new track database, we can have corrected version of the track names in-line, but for now, we need to stick to precedence.
"Lumine" is indeed spelled "Limin" and "Base" is spelled "Bass" (tracks 5&6) on the back cover of the album despite it already being in English.

http://chudahs-corner.com/img/cover/...10115_back.jpg

I should probably re-scan that back and add it over here.

Last edited by Brad Evans; Mar 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
Ugh, not to be a pill, but I thought the tracklistings were suppose to contain any and all misspellings as they appear on the album and the notes section was to used to clear them up.

"Lumine" is indeed spelled "Limin" and "Base" is spelled "Bass" (tracks 5&6) on the back cover of the album despite it already being in English.

http://chudahs-corner.com/img/cover/...10115_back.jpg

I should probably re-scan that back and add it over here.
If there are any missing scans, please add them. Thanks!

And yes, we keep the misspellings (unless for a case where the tracklist is printed multiple times and it's only misspelled in one instance or so). Title corrections go in the notes. There's talk about adding a "corrected" tracklist option in the future.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:50 PM

Took a look at the liner notes [Booklet 3 and 4]. Yuko Komiyama (director) discussed the following tracks:

-Theme Of "RockmanX8" -> Booklet 3, Paragraphs 2 and 4 [In latter instance, Theme Of RockmanX8 is described as being a motif.] [Thanks Dag ]

-VS 8Boss -> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4 (referred to as 8Boss; also confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8") [Again, motif]

-Title -> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4 (referred to as "Title Screen;" also confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8")

-Result -> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4 (Confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8")

-VS CopySigma (Done by Akemi) -> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4

-VS Sigma (Done by Akemi) -> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4 [Described as following the motif of Copy Sigma] [Thanks Dag ] This version is also used in the Sigma movie scene before Jakob, which I call "Appearance of Sigma." This, to me, proves that Komiyama did all of the movie music and all the music relating to it. [i.e. Jakob via "Opening," VS Sigma via "Appearance of Sigma," Intrusion Crabz-Y via "Appearance of Vava," VS Lumine ~ The first form via "Betrayal," and VS Lumine Demo via "Oncoming Generation."

-Jakob-> Booklet 3, Paragraph 4 [Also refers to "Elevator Movie," aka "Opening" (which includes a piece of Jakob), which would naturally be within Komiyama's jurisdiciton, confirming them both]

By association, the following tracks are also affected:
-Angry 8Boss (Confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8" and VS 8Boss)
-VS Sigma Demo (through VS Sigma - A beta version had the two together seamlessly)
-Demo~Deepening mystery, Demo~Sorrow, Demo~Perplexity, Demo~Advancement, and Demo~With The Hunter Base (Confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8")
-Ending (Confirmed via composition similarities to VS 8Boss)
-Opening (on RockmanX8 Special Sound CD; Confirmed via composition similarities to Jakob and being referred to specifically by Yuko)
-Appearance of Sigma (unreleased; same general arrangement as VS Sigma)
-Demo Clear [unused track] (Confirmed via composition similarities to Theme Of "RockmanX8" and Result)

Also, the other edits I did on Capcom soundtracks the other day came from a combination of Rockman 2 The Power Fighters liner notes (the green sections = past games and tracks the artist worked on) and the 7-part Hideki Okugawa video on Youtube (just search Hideki Okugawa) wherever a reference was given.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Dec 12, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 01:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Other than the Rockman 8 theme, the other tracks seem more like general comments (ie.- 'tracks were done in the same motif due to the main director's request') rather than confirmations (ex.- VS CopySigma is Kimura's, VS Sigma was made in the style of CopySigma but the way that's worded seems like by Komiyama), it's also possible she instructed Kimura to copy the style.

It wouldn't hurt to add the source to the edits or threads (ex. Yuko: 1 3 4 (from the liner notes/booklet/artist page)) particulary for albums we don't have scans so your info looks sound. How could one guess the sources of your SF edits are in a Rockman thread?