VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:01 AM

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/0...html?a002=news

I'd personally like to know why the album names keep flipping back and forth between "Super Music Complete" and "Super Music Collection"...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 05:36 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It should be "Complete" as it is what is printed in the front cover.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 05:50 AM
Trusted Editor

I think Kalavinka was saying how the Pokemon soundtracks keep switching between Complete and Collection on covers between releases, and not just staying on one name.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
I think Kalavinka was saying how the Pokemon soundtracks keep switching between Complete and Collection on covers between releases, and not just staying on one name.
Yes, that. More a curio than anything important.

I had the two covers (w/ Solgaleo & Lunala) listed as "jacket front" and "jacket back" because that's what the page stated them to be.

Last edited by Kalavinka; Sep 2, 2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 08:31 PM
VGMdb Administrator

No confirmation yet but it sure heckin' sounds like my main man Go Ichinose is back for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4I_0DP4fc

I hope Hitomi Sato returns too, both she and Ichinose killed in Black2/White2 but then mostly skipped X/Y and OR/AS.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 01:44 AM

Yep, I'm also 99.99% sure Ichinose is on board here. Hitomi Sato is also surely a given, the Battle Royal music sounds like her usual stuff.

Junichi Masuda is doing the battle themes as usual... I really wish he let Ichinose or others do them, he really has lost originality over the years.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 09:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Good lord, this might actually be the best Pokemon song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IrlUjCxOg

This is also incredibly good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWyhvN5qtw

Hitomi Sato you are my hero

EDIT: Oh guess I'll drop this off here, Shota Kageyama says he wasn't involved this time around: https://twitter.com/shotakageyama/st...04298345562112
Quote:
以前から多数のお問い合わせをいただくので、この場を借りてご報告させていただきますが、ポケモン最新作『 ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』に景山は参加しておりません。ご期待いただいていた方には申し訳ございません。1ユーザーと して、作品の発売を楽しみにしております。

Last edited by CHz; Oct 18, 2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 02:42 PM

The games leaked recently and apparently we already have credits (any footage has, of course, been blocked by Nintendo); even though we don't have to wait a lot I'll guess I'll put sound credits here for the time (via Serebii.net):

SOUND SECTION DIRECTOR
Go Ichinose

MUSIC
Minako Adachi
Go Ichinose
Junichi Masuda

Hitomi Sato
Tomoaki Oga
Hideaki Kuroda

Last edited by RBM95; Nov 14, 2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 06:30 AM

It seems, from here and here this album will include some track from the 'Z ring' toy [or Zetto Ringu in japanese] as a bonus track. Wonder what music will play lol By the way, tracklist isn't out yet?

Last edited by eduhunter; Nov 19, 2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 06:52 PM
VGMdb Staff

Full tracklist + credits: https://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbes...ages/6202.html
Old Nov 30, 2016, 08:29 AM

Masuda arranging a couple of his battle tracks? Now that's something we haven't seen in quite a time.

BTW, apparently Jun Fukuda contributed one arrangement. He isn't explicitly mentioned in the game credits, but the name of his company (GEMINI BREEZE LLC.) appears for Pokémon voice and sound effects design.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 07:47 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Turns out Minako Adachi is kinda good? I skipped X/Y because Ichinose didn't contribute to it and I'm not a fan of Kageyama, but a friend has showed me some of Adachi's songs from it and they're quite nice (particularly Cyllage City), and she did a great job here too. She even wrote a couple of songs I was 100% sure were Sato's, Trainers' School and Hau'oli City (Night), so she's got pro level harmonic game too.

I've heard a random assortment of her older material over the years and never thought any of it was particularly notable, but I think I have to revisit her catalog now.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 02:26 PM

I somehow have the feeling that, had Ichinose been featured in XY, maybe he wouldn't be too much outstanding unless he had been sound director instead of Kageyama. For example, while still good, I don't really find impressive the music he did for Black/White in comparison with his stuff from the sequels or Diamond/Pearl, and I attribute that to Kageyama (who was sound director in BW) not giving him that much leeway. I'm really glad to see him back in business here.

That's more noteworthy in Game Freak's side projects like Drill Dozer or Pocket Card Jockey, without the pressure of the Pokémon brand we are really getting Ichinose "in the flesh" there.

EDIT: Just not to double post, I'll say here that apparently the booklet & iTunes versions have some mistakes regarding which are the correct composers in some tracks, and they are corrected in Overlap's webpage:

-2-15 & 4-28 both credit Go Ichinose for composition and should instead be Junichi Masuda.
-4-18 only credits Go Ichinose for composition and should also credit Junichi Masuda as well.

Last edited by RBM95; Dec 2, 2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 05:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

So is anyone going to add the credits?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 03:09 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
EDIT: Just not to double post, I'll say here that apparently the booklet & iTunes versions have some mistakes regarding which are the correct composers in some tracks, and they are corrected in Overlap's webpage:
This is already the third time Overlap had mistakes in their booklets. (as far as Pokemon releases are concerned) How difficult can it be?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 05:15 AM

Today I just get the Japanese CD with booklet...

Hitomi Sato confirmed was left Game Freak.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgary View Post
Today I just get the Japanese CD with booklet...

Hitomi Sato confirmed was left Game Freak.
Is she a freelance composer now? As far as I know she joined the company as a planner and also made music as a "secondary task", so this could be an interesting change of pace for her.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 02:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Just noting that iTunes only lists "feat. Hideaki Kuroda" as a performance credit on the songs he didn't arrange, but he very clearly played instruments on the two he did arrange too.

EDIT: Actually he talks about playing instruments on those two songs in his liner notes so yeah lemme add those in

Last edited by CHz; Dec 18, 2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Is she a freelance composer now? As far as I know she joined the company as a planner and also made music as a "secondary task", so this could be an interesting change of pace for her.
I just can confirm, she is not credited as Game Freak composer, and she do not have full interview like Masuda/Ichinose/Adachi in the booklet.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Her Facebook confirms she left the company. She doesn't list a current employer.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Her Facebook confirms she left the company. She doesn't list a current employer.
Could you share her facebook link? Thx
Old Dec 6, 2016, 03:28 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgary View Post
Could you share her facebook link? Thx
It's on her artist page.

https://www.facebook.com/hitomi.sato.520
Old Dec 20, 2016, 06:52 AM

Masuda, Ichinose and Adachi have been interviewed by Japanese program Sound Roster (they even showcase some music tracks in progress!):

https://freshlive.tv/ymjsoundroster/68859
Old Nov 14, 2018, 02:34 PM

I learned Okazaki also did vocals to "ARCUS", the theme song to the Mega-CD RPG "Arcus I-II-III".

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!