VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:21 PM

Naomi Ito is another alias for this guy

Or am I just to sleepy to read this wrong? XD

Though, the key synths and the compositions are very similar. If I did not knew, I would really believe I was hearing Kaoru Mizutani stuff. It's very flagrant, to me, on the ambient tracks, which are very similar to his work on Gall Force Earth Chapter.

and since this anime is from Toshihiro Hirano, it would not be a the first time they had worked together.

Edit:

Did a bit more search. It seems that those "Image Suite" are not tracks, it is more like a division of the cd. Like : track 04, 05 and 06 ARE the "Image Suite". Which now makes more sense now why Naomi Ito is always credited after the Image suite thing.

And in here I am hearing a Lot of AD Police Ova compositions (mainly track 07 and 08). Which more I think it's really Kaoru Mizutani.
I can't read more japanese today. XD

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jun 29, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
Naomi Ito is another alias for this guy

Or am I just to sleepy to read this wrong? XD
The page just states that on Vol.5 and afterward the composer switches from Naomi Ito to Kaoru Mizutani, not that they're the same person.

Where the credit of Vol.6's suite being composed by Ito came from, then?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:42 AM

It's Kaoru Mizutani yes. The obi of vol.6 shows "composed: Takashi Kudou / Kaoru Mizutani" (all kanji)

how did I not remember to check the obi stuff? :/

but I still think its the same guy. :/ Naomi Ito and Kaoru Mizutani sound all so freaking copy paste similar. 0.o (I am not saying we should still add it as an alias. Just giving my thoughts on this)

sorry for giving this submissions at night (in my country) and most of times I may give some errors like this. Most of times I am more sleepy then anything else. But I guess we all support everyone in this matter

The image suite are composed by Kaoru Mizutani for sure. I mean. The image suites are always someone else. that is easy to hear and notice.

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:38 AM

honestly, I never saw the same person with two names written somewhere on the same release
like some ost with "Composed by Hikaru Nanase & Masumi Ito" (for example)

the main composer is Takashi Kudou (I don't know where you got that Naomi Ito reading tho)
no idea of the role of Kaoru Mizutani (edit: ah, image suite)

Last edited by Phonograph; Jun 30, 2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 03:24 AM

You're telling me this old submission was not accept, regarding Naomi Ito? 0.o
Anyway, I always leave the kanji of a name there, so it can be reviewed in case of doubts, you (as in The Bosses), if it is wrong, to be fixed.

I have seen (don't recall now any examples, but I know I have seen), one composer with alias in the same soundtrack. I have seen that in game soundtracks a lot too. But I have seen in anime too.

"Naomi" is not much more common for girl name?
Now I am messing up. XD Naomi Ito is twin sister of Masumi Ito and has the same weird thing of having 2 names. XD
Although I always assumed: Masumi Itou -> Game music / Hikaru Nanase -> anime music. But in the moment I bought the Virgin Fleet OVA OST, that logic went all way down the toilet. XD
I know. Masumi Ito is her married name. Like I said. I was just messing. XD
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:35 AM

I've already seen at least one composer and their alias
take yoko kanno and gabriela robin, but it's not one composer with two composer names

I really doubt a composer will use two names on the same release
if you end up remembering where you saw it, I'm willing to know because it intrigues me