VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default UAMUSICMG06: A history of Unreal MUSIC

I played laser tag this weekend for my nephew's birthday party, and one of the songs played during the live-action fragfest was Foregone Destruction from Unreal Tournament.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:56 PM

It has 2 pressed versions of this album, basically only DiscID differs. So I created a new entry for the other version.

References:

http://www.freedb.org/freedb/misc/2f119417

Edit: The European version:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-A-His...elease/1169671

Last edited by Metroid; Jan 3, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:59 PM

Is Shared Dig really 2:37. You would have to be crazy to shorten this track from its 5:43 run length. It is brilliant.

I think there was a 2 disc soundtrack somewhere. I couldn't find it listed here though.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Feb 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Sadly, yes. They always miss the second part of it.

I never heard of a 2-disc soundtrack, but there is a game rip that is organized as if it were two discs.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:35 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Dag added a new scan for a new print of the disc.
The one he added comes from the magazine "PC Gamer" (probably the UK version), that sold the game Unreal Anthology on may 2009.

Then, i added 2 other prints of the disc, the US version, and the German version.
The current display scan (in a jewel case), is the UK version, that's the only print with a catalog number "UAMUSICMG06".

One of this scan probably belongs to that other entry ?

Last edited by Myrkul; Dec 26, 2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:12 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The scan I had was originally labelled "Russian version" but that site sure doesn't seem very Russian to me. No idea where it comes from.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 01:58 PM

Should the other versions of the discs be listed here even though they don't have the catalog number UAMUSICMG06? The one we're calling "UK Version" is the only one that bears such a catalog number.

January 30: I removed the game sources from the track titles. These game sources are headings above each set of tracks showing which game a group of songs came from. They're not part of the titles, nor are they written as such.

Last edited by SimonJXZ; Jan 30, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 05:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think the other versions could probably get their own child album entries since they have different artworks and possibly cat numbers.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:42 PM

I'm unable to find anything that resembles a catalog number on the other discs. The PC Gamer version does have 122 MT v3.6 MTC000408 written on the right side, but I'm not sure that's any kind of catalog number (though to be honest I have a pretty conservative view of what a catalog number is). But perhaps the other pictures should be moved to the entry with no catalog number? Then they're all at least in an entry that has the same (non)catalog number, rather than in an entry that has a unique one.

Err, on second thought, I don't know what's going on with that entry. It has different track times, and there seems to have been some discussion about it. There's no picture of the disc and it's called the European version, so it's a really confusing factor. I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited by SimonJXZ; Jan 31, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 04:42 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

At least, the PC Gamer disc should have it's own entry. The disc is really different.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:01 AM

I'm pretty sure Will Nevins composed the last track. Because he's credited as an author of the original on the remixed OST of Unreal 3