VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 1, 2020, 07:55 AM
VGMdb Staff

Going through the composer interview from the SONIC CHANNEL sound column, these are the areas the present composers were asigned to:

Kenichi Tokoi - songs recorded in Rio like Main Theme (re-arranged for Title, Staff Roll, Results, etc.), menus, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Copacabana Beach (maybe a specific use that I don't understand? The loading themes, maybe?). Also sings chorus in Fukuyama's Copacabana Beach.
Mitsuharu Fukuyama - Copacabana Beach, original song Vento Brasileiro for Rhythmic Gymnastics, Rugby Sevens (and 4 other events). Also plays trumpet in Tokoi's Main Theme.
Hidekuni Horita - Table Tennis (both 3DS and Wii U versions), Triple Jump, Javelin Throw (and 4 other events)
Jun Senoue - BMX
Tadashi Kinukawa - Beach Volleyball
Tomoya Ohtani - 100m, Football, Sticks's Theme
Teruhiko Nakagawa - 3DS version: Story Mode Main Theme, Game Clear, various arrangements of Tokoi's Main Theme, Ground Theme arrangement for Rhythmic Gynmastics. Also he mentions Boxing as his favourite example of songs changing mid-game, so that might be his composition considering no else claimed it for themself.

Jun Senoue's mentions a comparison with the Moguls theme from Sochi 2014, so maybe he worked on it.

Tadashi Kinukawa's section also mention music from the two Winter Olympics games he composed:

Vancouver 2010 - Snowboard Cross, Half-Pipe, Skeleton (a total of about 20 songs, though I'm not sure if this is for that game or the series overall, a fluent speaker should take a look at that)
Sochi 2014 - Bobsleigh Skeleton, 4-man Bobsleigh, Snowboard Slopestyle, Ski Jump Large Hill

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Nov 27, 2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Went back to the interview and noticed some more.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 07:44 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolaas Hamman View Post
Tadashi Kinukawa's section also mention music from the two Winter Olympics games he composed:

Vancouver 2010 - Snowboard Cross, Half-Pipe, Skeleton
Sochi 2014 - Bobsleigh Skeleton, 4-man Bobsleigh, Snowboard Slopestyle, Ski Jump Large Hill
Does he explicitly say he composed composed Skeleton in 2010, or just that the song was by him? Bobsleigh shares the same melody, and I've intepreted Skeleton as an arrangement of that, but now I'm wondering if it's the other way around.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 08:19 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoW View Post
Does he explicitly say he composed composed Skeleton in 2010, or just that the song was by him? Bobsleigh shares the same melody, and I've intepreted Skeleton as an arrangement of that, but now I'm wondering if it's the other way around.
Kinukawa just lists off the songs to Nakagawa's question, and the term Nakagawa uses is 担当, which would just be "by him".
Quote:
中川 例えばどんな競技を担当しました?

絹川 スノーボードクロス、ハーフパイプ、スケルトンです。

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Nov 29, 2021 at 08:21 AM.