VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 5, 2023, 04:21 PM

hello everyone
who can help me know exactly if it is a UHQCD or another media format
thank you
Old Jan 5, 2023, 05:35 PM
Trusted Editor

It's a remaster; in this case you put "CD" for the format and add "Remaster" for the classification.
There is no need to put "Tower Record Limited" in the titles, since it doesn't appear on the cover/obi of the album; likewise it's not considered as a limited edition by VGMdb. Just put the org "Exclusive Retailer" (=Tower Records Japan Inc. here) additionally in the organizations. I already fixed it all.
You had a model for media and organizations with this other album only released on Tower Records: https://vgmdb.net/album/122011

EDIT: what is your source for the lyricist Tsukihiko Fujiwara? I don't see it on VDR-1319 or JBX-25012 so I deleted it for the moment. I will add the other credits later.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Jan 5, 2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 02:04 AM

good morning
my source is from tower site
on its description on the cd
https://tower.jp/item/5089638
I admit that I did not check to tell them
I can scan the booklet if it can help you
I admit I have trouble using the site I do not yet know all the subtleties ^^
Old Jan 6, 2023, 05:49 AM
Trusted Editor

No problem, the rules on VGMdb are many and not simple when you arrive for the 1st time; follow the explanations on the right when editing albums.

To add a romaji artist name, you must have a trusted source (Japanese/official or written directly on the album), otherwise leave in Japanese please.

Yes, if you can add the booklet scans for every album you own, that would be great; I put the composer/arranger credits as uncredited because I only have the scan of the back cover at the moment, but it may be written in the booklet.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 02:34 AM

information you are looking for, at the same time if they could indicate which mastering they used
because listening it looks like hdcd much better than that of 1999 in 20 bit K2 Mastering
Old Jan 9, 2023, 05:54 PM
Trusted Editor

Thanks for your scans. In fact the booklet puts back the visuals and the credits of the 1st edition of 1983. It seems that Norio Maeda is only credited as composer and arranger for the BGMs on the CD VDR-1319 from 1986.

I don't know about the master but if it's like the Dallos reissue in 2022 the sound must be closer to the 1994 1st CD edition (VICL-23058) than that of 1999 with the 20 bit K2 Mastering (VICL-60401~2).
A Japanese makes an analysis of the various CDs of Dallos in the comments of Amazon, use a translator to understand:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E3%83...p%2FB00005N3RU