VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 13, 2015, 03:00 PM
Trusted Editor

キスノキヨシ = 来住野潔 = Kiyoshi Kisuno
http://www.drillspin.com/person/view/ARDSAX052215
http://www.npa.co.jp/search/detail.php?person_id=573
He's been in the music business since so long and changed name/alias many times. Now, he has a group with his wife called Meoto Gakudan JiKijiki (めおと楽団ジキジキ) and his current alias is Setagaya Kiyoshi (世田谷キヨシ)

三国義貴 = Yoshitaka Mikuni
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BE%A9%E8%B2%B4
http://www.drillspin.com/person/view/ARDSA0131353

本間かおり= Kaori Honma
Previous alias of Kaori Futenma (普天間かおり) during her "anime period"
http://www.drillspin.com/person/works/ARDSA0129677/
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%99%...81%8A%E3%82%8A

Yes, Drillspin has "Homma" as romanization, and that Honma/Homma is very touchy matter for romanization but "Honma" is what is on the cover of some of her releases such as OVA Samurai Troopers - Message CDS
http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/images.auc...jne3rb7909.jpg
Old Oct 11, 2017, 02:57 AM

I hope there won't be a staff member dumb enough to accept that "dakare te" shit romaji edit by ako?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 07:50 PM

That comes directly from former rights holder ADV Films so I went with what they wrote. That was in their release of their OVA "Devil Hunter Yohko 4-Ever" music video. So according to what a mod told me this site goes by official names and since the edit I did was not accepted (despite it being an English Official romanization) I am very well aware this site do not follow consistency whatsoever. Note my signature.

I'd be a another thing if accuracy took precedence but I wasn't told this.

@Phonograph I hope you do follow your own advice but I know you don't by what I've seen of your "shit" edits. And since you called what I edited "shit" my only guess by this is that you've seen some of the edits I've done and instead of reaching out to me like a man via message to let me know of "my error" (and maybe corrected it yourself) perhaps that's why you instead decided to label it that for all to see otherwise if its not that you're pathetic to disrespect somebody you don't know due to your own ignorance of why the edit was done.

Last edited by ako; Oct 17, 2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:37 AM

english official romanization of such is shit, never resubmit that sort in the future
it could count if the album got released in the west (strangely, from japan, it could be seen as coming in the east ;p)

also, what shit edits? check my profile, nothing rejected unlike you
I spent a lot of my time correcting shit submitted by zako members like you, it's quite tiresome at long last
Old Oct 18, 2017, 01:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Hi I was the one who undid "Dakare te" after I saw Phono point it out, because it's bad. I don't really care about this, so if y'all think it's better to go with it because it was used in the U.S. version of the episode, then go ahead and do whatever.

In ADV's version though, was it "Kirisame ni Dakare te" exactly like that, or was it "Kirisame Ni Dakare Te" with every word capitalized? I tried to double check it and found a video that I think is ADV's version that goes with the latter, but it's been edited so I'm not sure that's really how it is. If we're going for full consistency with ADV, we should use the same casing/punctuation/etc. too.

(@ako In the future if you want to put up a weird/bad romanization that's official in some way, it'd help stave off confusion if you post an explanation in the discussion thread about where it came from. If you did somewhere else and I missed it, sorry!)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 04:28 AM

@CHz Yeah it was "Kirisame Ni Dakare Te" not what I wrote in lower case. Also, there is another track that I had overlooked and didn't edit that which ADV Films had also incorrectly which is track 9 "Hatsukoi wa Kanawanai", they wrote it as "Hatsukoi wa Kanawa Nai" also in that same official release.

I asked Secret Squirrel about it on the sites policy on whether taking official English romanization to heart or not even when it is incorrect and he filled me in. I did not know I had to make such a forum post on that as I presumed that errors were accepted despite it clearly being wrong as long as there was an official notation done and released to the masses. Tho in this case this is through video VHS (I think also in DVD) format and not an official English release in CD format.

So it's really up to you Admins how you guys go about it cuz I seen albums that are clearly incorrect but are chosen so I thought this would be the case too and it wouldn't of mattered to me cuz I don't know how this site does as I tried to correct errors but then would get rejected but some edits I done didn't get rejected so I am literally confused. I was ready to get rejected again in this case as well on whatever decision was made that was until this damn kid started flinging his poo around.

@Phonograph Great thing to know is that I do not listen to back-seat mods such as yourself. I gave the reason for the edit and instead of understanding it and taking back not only trying to insinuate an insult to staff but also my edit instead you do neither and act proud with delusions of a back-seat moderator. Another thing I also despise are the proud.

And yes a few have been shit edits and not seeing a rejection on your profile, really now? If that's your measuring stick to compare to me let your arrogance grow more. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=learn+to+communicate+better
Old Oct 22, 2017, 02:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako View Post
]I asked Secret Squirrel about it on the sites policy on whether taking official English romanization to heart or not even when it is incorrect and he filled me in. I did not know I had to make such a forum post on that as I presumed that errors were accepted despite it clearly being wrong as long as there was an official notation done and released to the masses. Tho in this case this is through video VHS (I think also in DVD) format and not an official English release in CD format.
It's not required, but it's useful for documentation. Especially so some bozo like me doesn't bumble in later and "fix" something that's not broken. There are a lot of bad romanizations on this site that are bad because the submitter didn't know any better, and it's hard/impossible to tell the difference between that and official titles at a glance.